08. the ripper

listen to: bad thingz - meiko (dntst rework)

↣ ↣ ↣

"Stiles, are we seriously staying at school when there is a serial killer on the loose?" I groaned as we walked into American History.

"Well, I'm pretty sure being at school is safer than being outside right now," Stiles said, taking a seat in front me. I rolled my eyes even though I knew he was right. I just couldn't stand one more day crammed inside a classroom.

The teacher walked in and smiled at us. "Good morning class. Please know that the police are taking care of the recent...attack this morning, but they strongly encourage that everyone obeys a nine o'clock curfew tonight." He passed out worksheets to each row and said, "Find a partner and finish this by the end of the class period."

I tapped Stiles on the back and he whirled around, handing me a worksheet. "Partners?" I asked, and he nodded right away, turning his desk around to face mine.

"We aren't actually going to talk about the worksheet, are we?" he assumed.

"Nope." I wrote my name on the paper and set my pencil down. "We're going to talk about the murders."

Stiles' grin widened. "Great," he said, pulling his chair closer to his desk. "What about them?"

"You said that all the victims have died a 'three-fold death?'" I asked. When he nodded, I continued, "Well, I've seen this happen before."

His eyebrows shot up. "You have?"

"Of course," I scoffed. "I've seen about everything you could imagine." I waved a hand, dismissing my comment, and leaned back in my chair. "Anyway, I've witnessed this happen in England before. Do you want me to give you a real lesson in history?"

"Yes please," Stiles said, resting his head on his fists, ready to listen.

"Well," I began, a small smile playing on my lips, "Have you ever heard of someone called Jack the Ripper?"

"You met him?"

"Yep. Tried to kill me."

"No way."

"Way. But before he met me, he murdered five other girls in the city of Whitechapel. One of them was a werewolf I was supposed to be protecting: Annie Chapman. She was the second girl to die." I closed my eyes, remembering how I had stumbled across her bloody body. The pain I felt when I saw her dead eyes was extreme.

"At first I thought it was just some psychopath looking for pretty girls to kill," I continued, "but I was wrong. My suspicion grew after I saw the last three bodies. They were killed brutally, but ritualistically as well." I took a deep breath, not wanting to remember the gruesome murders. "The murdered girls were called the 'canonical five.'"

Stiles looked at me with a confused expression. "So...?"

"Canonical means 'for the law.' This guy thought he was killing those girls in justice," I explained. "And maybe this guy does too."

"Why do you think Jack the Ripper has any tie to the murders here in Beacon Hills?" Stiles asked.

I rolled my eyes. "Because the Ripper killed ritualistically, and so does our serial killer here. Also, they both have a thing with odd numbers. Can you seriously not see any connection?"

"Blaise, Stiles!" I looked past Stiles to see the teacher scowling at me. "Please do your work quietly."

Ignoring him, I went on. "Do you see the similiarities?"