14. lunacy

dedicated to -lookingforalaska because she is awesome and her stories ROCK

very very very very very important chapter :)

listen to: how did i get here - odesza

↣ ↣ ↣

Derek obviously wasn't a morning person, because he didn't even bother to wake me up for school. Luckily, I woke up just in time to change into a new shirt and throw my hair up before I started my trek towards Beacon Hills High School.

It was especially bright out when I left the loft, so I slipped on the sunglasses I had bought while out shopping yesterday.

My mind wandered off to the troubling events that had occurred last night. I tried to ignore it, but there was a saddening feeling in the pit of my stomach when I remembered the kiss I shared with Stiles. It was everything I had hoped it to be: gentle, sweet, passionate.

But the moment was so short. My fantasy shattered when I uttered those four dreadful words. I love you, Stiles.

I wasn't thinking at all when they slipped out of my mouth, but they were true.

I just wished he had said them back.

↣ ↣ ↣

I glanced down at my new phone as I entered the High School, seeing that I had Chemistry as my first class on my schedule today. Great.

Well, at least there will be a substitute teacher. Maybe I can catch another hour of sleep during class.

The relief I felt completely vanished as I sauntered into the classroom and caught Stiles' gaze. I quickly looked away, knowing that my cheeks were blazing red.

My already apparent frown deepened when I saw who was the substitute for our class:

Jennifer Blake.

"Hello, Miss Blake," I said, my voice sing-song. She looked up from the Chemistry book she was skimming and immediately grimaced.

"Good morning, Blaise."

"Is it?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at her. She gave me a blank look but didn't back down from my gaze. I flashed her a fake smile before making my way to sit behind Scott and Stiles.

Scott immediately turned around. "What's got you all snappy today?"

I ignored his question and kept my glare directly on the not-so-innocent Miss Blake. "She annoys the shit out of me. She also reeks of sex and arousal. I don't like it," I growled. If Derek had sex with her while I was sleeping last night, I was going to kill him myself.

Before Scott could reply, Miss Blake started speaking.

"Good morning," she began with a smile. "As you all know, Mr. Harris is still missing. I-I mean, sick. Anyway, I'm filling in while we all hope and pray for a more qualified substitute to take my place." Her eyes drifted towards the floor, as if her head were somewhere else.

"Okay!" she said, snapping herself out of her thoughts. "Let's get started, shall we?"

I rolled my eyes and opened the textbook to page 204. Biochemistry. Great, my least favorite subject. I spent 714 years on this Earth and I've never had a use for biochemistry.

Then again, I was fighting battles. I wasn't looking for a steady job like normal humans.

"Hey." My ears picked up on Stiles whispering something to Scott. I thought I might as well tune in, seeing that I was not about to do today's required assignment. "My dad said that the ER doctor wasn't strangled, but did die from asphyxiation. They just don't know how."