24. till death do us part

listen to: medicine - daughter

tip: listen to this song while you read to get the full emotional affect of the chapter hehe

editing later i promise :)

↣↣↣

Thankfully, after our moment in the boy's locker room (of all places), Stiles seemed to be fine. No more panic, no more fear... but I could still see the immense pain his dark eyes held.

It was so hard to watch Stiles' personality be darkened because of Jennifer's wicked ways. I felt the need to protect him at all costs; emotionally and physically. He has always been part of the pack, whether he was a supernatural creature or not.

Though now, as I stood outside the guidance counselor's office, I felt like I had completely failed.

I had gotten too wrapped up in my own emotions and personal vendettas that I'd forgotten who I truly was and what I was meant to do. I'd become obsessed with my own agenda against Jennifer and Deucalion, when I really should have been focusing solely on the pack.

A sigh escaped my lips and I leaned back on the wall next to the office door, folding my arms over my chest. One question kept seeping into my thoughts: how does my past always manage to catch up with me?

Suddenly, the door next to my shoulder flew open, a large, dark-skinned girl scurrying out. She didn't even spare me a glance as she made her way down the hallway, muttering to herself, "She can have my session she obviously has bigger problems. Trees, trees, trees..."

My eyebrows furrowed as I watched her figure grow smaller and smaller as she got farther away. Trees?

I propped myself up again and decided to make my way into the counselor's office.

But before I could even turn the corner into the room, Stiles and Lydia barged out. I quickly followed after them, my hand squeezing Stiles' shoulder as I asked the second question that had been on my mind lately: "Did you find anything?"

"I know where they are," he said quickly. "It's called the Nemeton. That's where she's keeping them. It has to be."

My eyes grew wide and I stopped in my tracks. Stiles and Lydia stopped as well, turning to face me.

"Stiles, I've been there before," I said. "When I first came to Beacon Hills, I kind of... died on it."

His mouth dropped open in shock, but he quickly recovered with a quick shake of his head. "I'll pretend you didn't just tell me that."

"Y-eah," I said slowly. "Anyway, the last time I was there, I went through the Burning. That means that, along with my wounds, I lost my memory as well." I frowned to myself. "I can't remember where it was."

Stiles and Lydia sighed at the same time, but before either one could tell me how unfortunate my memory loss was, a voice boomed from behind us.

"Stilinski!"

I looked past Stiles to see Agent McCall coming our way. "Fuck," I cursed.

Stiles turned to Lydia. "Go to Derek, okay? He and Peter have been there before and they should know where it is. Just tell them it's the root cellar. They'll know what you mean."

Lydia gave him a curt nod, obviously overwhelmed by the information, but started to walk out of school nonetheless.

Just as Lydia left, Agent McCall appeared.

He paid no attention to me, even though I stood right next to Stiles. "Did you know your dad's car is in the school parking lot and has been since last night?"