10. black lungs

everything in italics is a flashback.

COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT VOTE VOTE VOTE :)

↣↣↣

listen to: wandering star - policia

↣↣↣

To Derek and Boyd, this attack was supposed to be quick and easy. Take down Deucalion with the numbers we had and stop half of the problem in Beacon Hills. I suppose they thought I would grow wings and fly away too by how delusional they were being.

But, reluctantly, I made my way to the Penthouse alone. Funny enough, I knew I was probably late to the fight anyway.

When I stepped into the room, I knew I was.

The wolves were already going after each other; bodies were being slashed, claws were coming out. Red, yellow and blue eyes glowed in the dark living space.

I walked down the broken escalator stairs to see there was only one person not partaking in the bloodbath.

Deucalion.

He stood on the other escalator adjacent from the one I stood on, watching the fight, a bored expression on his face. Only when I came up next to him did he smile. "Blaise. Nice of you to join us. The battle seems to be nearing the end, and I was wondering if you would show up."

"I was wondering if I would as well," I admitted. "This is the stupidest plan I have ever heard of."

He chuckled at that, the grin on his face never fading. "You know, you could always protect my Alpha pack instead."

I turned my head to study him, slightly amused. My wings unfolded from my back. "You know my job doesn't work that way."

Deucalion sighed. "Of course."

"Well, you must also know that I can't stand just watching a fight," I said. "Goodbye."

He tried to say something to stop me but I didn't hear him, already soaring down through the air to help Scott battle Ennis.

Now there was another set of glowing eyes in the room, only these ones were purple.

I threw Ennis across the room, a smile forming on my face when I heard his bones crack against a pillar. I reached down beside me to pull Scott to his feet. "You go help Boyd." He nodded and turned away from me to go fight beside his friend.

Suddenly, Derek was beside me. "Better late than never?" he muttered.

I smiled at him. "You didn't think I could miss a fight, did you?" Then I jumped in the air again, hovering over the wolf. "Come on. We have to take down Ennis."

After our short chat, it was a blur. Punches, scratches, kicks were sent to each other. I have to say, Ennis was very strong. But of course he was. He had killed his whole pack, gaining all of their individual powers, while Derek was just...well, Derek.

But one thing that I remember clearly from the battle was the end.

Derek and I had Ennis. We had him. When I was about to give the Alpha one final blow, he clawed my chest and pushed away from me, towards the edge of the broken floor.

In fact, when he pushed away he took Derek with him, falling rapidly towards an imminent death, which was exactly seventy feet below.

My claws were still in mid-air, ready to strike Ennis when Ennis wasn't there anymore.