Chapter 21: I Want You

***tw - sexual content

"Come on, kiddo." Jackson says as he gets out of the car, holding his hand out to grab my overnight bag and I smirk at him as I pass him it. "What are you smirking at?"

"I didn't think you were the type to carry girls' bags." I muse and he rolls his eyes, walking towards the house.

"I'm not." He shrugs, opening the door and I follow in behind him.

"Yo, Jax, think you can get us the kegs for Friday?" Ben asks as soon as he walks into the house and throws a basket ball at him, which Jackson catches with one hand.

"I thought Gabe was getting them?" Jackson says as he throws the basketball back to Ben and he catches it, placing it on the table and shaking his head.

"No dude, he was getting them before you went Jackie Chan on his ass and pissed him off." Tyler comments as he appears from the fridge and I feel myself fade into the background almost immediately, as if no one's shocked or fazed that I'm here. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Is it a norm for Jackson to bring girls around? Of course it is Lydia, why would you even ask that?

"Fuck, fine, I'll sort it, don't worry." Jackson dismisses, putting his car keys on the bench.

"Oh, hey Lyds." I hear Cameron say as I turn around, him jogging down the stairs. "What are you doing here?" He asks, cocking his head to the side, then seeing Jackson and nodding almost disappointedly. I don't know why I feel guilty when he does that.

"She's here with me." Jackson mutters as he pushes past Cameron, turning over his shoulder to look at me. "Are you coming?" He asks and I nod, feeling my cheeks flush in embarrassment at how rude he is.

"Yeah, sure." I say as I bite the inside of my cheek, "I'll catch up with you later, Cameron?"

"Cool." He says, smiling at me and walking towards the guys in the kitchen as I cross him and follow Jackson up the stairs.

I feel a little angry at the way Jackson handled himself there; Cameron is never anything but nice to me.

"What the hell was that?" I ask as soon as we get into his room and I watch as he rolls his eyes, turning towards me, unbuttoning his shirt as if he knows exactly what he's doing to me. Oh no, you don't get to distract me this time.

"What was what?" He asks, oblivious.

"You were rude to Cameron for no reason." I remind him and he tuts as he turns back around, this time pulling the shirt from him as if he knows it's the only way to distract me. I drag my eyes up from his bare back as he turns to me again and I meet his eyes, where he's wearing a smirk.

"You're too sensitive," He shakes his head and my lips purse as I start feeling frustrated, "Come on, kiddo, let's not ruin a good night."

"I'm not too sensitive," I say as I cross my arms over my chest, his smirk showing me that any attempt at me being intimidating is completely unsuccessful. I bite my lip as he walks towards me, his hand over my neck and running his thumb along my jawline.

"Of course not," He mocks, leaning forward and placing a small kiss on my jaw making me take in a deep breath. "Now are you going to get ready for bed?"

I take in a deep breath as I nod and he leans forward, leaving a kiss on my forehead as he gets changed into bed. I never thought the small simple affection that comes with Jackson would actually come with him; I thought I would be constantly guessing with him and thinking about how much I was so not cut out for dating Jackson Yates. It's actually a pleasant surprise.