Chapter 2: Cheers

My first night in my dorm is strange; I feel a sense of independence that I'm not used to at home and it's a good feeling. Lola and I surprisingly get on really well and I'm excited having her as my roommate. The day consists of Hallie, Lola and I exploring some more and finding cute parks to sit in as Hallie takes scenic shots for her Instagram. I'm internally rolling my eyes.

It feels like Saturday goes by in a flash and it's time to start getting ready for the party. I'm unsure what to wear and I'm almost 90% certain whatever I do actually wear won't be up to scratch by Hallie.

"Is it bad I'm actually excited for this?" Lola asks, turning around in her chair where she's applying heavy make up and I turn to face her from my desk.

"I'm excited to have fun," I shrug, "As long as we stay out of the way and don't attract any unnecessary attention." I add and she laughs turning back around.

"Hannah will probably go out of her way to make us feel uncomfortable." She comments, I scoff and laugh.

"What is the deal with that, anyway?" I ask, surely something must have happened for her to be like that.

"I wish I knew!" Lola exclaims, "My mom and her dad got together like 4 years ago and we went to the same school. I think I just didn't fit her social group." Lola shrugs, "She was a bit of a bitch and we've just bickered ever since. She doesn't like to share." I laugh slightly and she turns to me again, holding her mascara brush. "Daddy's little girl." She mocks, sticking her finger down her throat.

"She sounds like a dream." I smirk.

"Oh, you have no idea." Lola says, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

I'm actually happy with my make up today. I'm always a more minimalistic girl when it comes to make up. I wish I could make myself look like a Kardashian but no, I'll stick to my own looks. I've put my foundation on, my bronzer, highlighter, eye brows have been fluffed and a nude shimmery eyeshadow and my long black eye lashes are coated in mascara, a pop of bright shimmer in the corner of my eyes to bring them to life a bit more.

Now the hard part; an outfit. I look to see what Lola's wearing and I see that she's curled her blonde/pink hair, her eyes coated with a smokey dark eye and very impressive contouring which I note she'll have to teach me. She's wearing a black skater skirt and black crop top with heeled boots. She looks amazing.

I decide to wear a black silky corset like cropped top that makes me look like I actually have a cleavage, the straps are chains and I pair it with some slim fitted washed out grey mom jeans, black heeled boots that are laced up. I pull my hair from its pony tail and it falls mid waist. I smile as I look at myself in the mirror and grab a beige lipstick for my lips.

"Knock knock," I hear and the door opens revealing my best friend. Hallie's wearing her copper hair in curls and a red satin co-ord of a strappy crop top and tight fitting skirt. "Well if I don't say, you two look mighty fine!"

"Approval from you?" I act shocked, "I must look good." I smirk, flipping my hair over my shoulder.

"Beautiful girlies!" Lola sings, "Lets get going."

***

It's not too far of a walk but enough for Hallie to moan about her feet hurting already. I'm proud of my choice of wearing heeled boots rather than normal heels because these are actually so comfy and sturdy, even for someone as clumsy as me.

We hear the party before we get there. There are people on the lawn chugging drinks and some even already vomiting, which I'm grimacing at, alongside people on the porch videoing each other and singing along to the music. I definitely need some sort of drink to get through this. Lucky for us, the kitchen is directly in front of the door where there are bottles lined up and red cups everywhere. I grab a cup and pour the liquid that looks to be vodka in the cup, turning around to find a cherry mixer and pouring that in too.