Chapter 7: First Dates

"I'm not going, Hallie. I refuse." I grumble and she rolls her eyes.

"You literally look amazing!" Lola assures me and I look down at the dress I'm wearing that Hallie has squeezed me into and grimace.

"I feel like a joint of beef wrapped up." I complain and Hallie throws her hands up in the air.

"Lydia, I literally don't know what else to do!" Hallie shouts and exhales a shaky breath. I throw myself down on my bed and let out a whimper as I hear Hallie rummaging through my wardrobe. "Okay, okay. What about this?" She pulls out my long sleeved, low cut white romper that I haven't worn in a good year. I quickly change and make sure my make up doesn't get on the white material.

Taking a glance at myself I actually really like it. The shimmery shadow on my eyes and the white really accentuates my tan and not to mention I look like I've actually got a cleavage.

"Okay, yeah. This'll do." I say as I check the time and see it's 6pm. "I feel like I'm going to be sick." I mumble as I put my hand over my nervous stomach.

"Whatever happens Cameron's super nice, you'll have a nice time." Lola shrugs and I nod.

"If it gets awkward you can always text me and I'll ring with an SOS." Hallie adds and I laugh at her.

"I am not doing that, that's cruel." I say, just as I grab my phone I hear the door knock and Hallie jumps up to open it. Cameron's on the other side in slim fitting black checkered dress pants and a white shirt tucked in, unbuttoned at the top where a chain rests over his chest. His black hair flops either side of his face and he smiles as he takes me in.

"Wow, you look-" he stutters and I smile awkwardly.

"Okay, lets get going before these two grill you." I joke and he nods, putting his arm out for me to link him. "So where are we going?" I ask as we walk through the dorm, my stomach feeling slightly nauseous at having a date with Cameron. I mean, I'd probably feel nauseous having a date with anyone.

"A little Italians I know," He says, "I'm driving so it's not far to get to."

"Oh, you drive?" I ask, impressed.

"Yeah, couldn't manage without it." He smirks.

It's not long before we get to the restaurant and we're seated pretty quickly. Cameron tries a few times to compliment me and flirt but so far I'm just enjoying him in a friendship capacity. Not to mention my attempt at usually just comes out as stutters and insults, and I end up feeling uncomfortable and wanting to leave.

"So, what are you thinking?" Cameron asks as we both look at the menu. I purse my lips as I look over the options, trying not to be too boring with my usual choice of carbanara. "You should try the creamy chicken pasta, it's delicious." He points on my menu and I smile but I'm not sure. "I love it, should I just order that for the both of us?"

"Erm, no, I think I'm just going to have the arriabatta." I smile and he nods.

"I'm glad we're doing this, I know we've spent time together but it's always been with other people. I wasn't sure if I was your type." Cameron laughs slightly and looks nervous, I stifle a laugh.

"I don't really have a type. I just kind of go with the flow. I think we get on so I thought why not?" I say as friendly as possible and he nods.

"As friends or?" He asks and I shrug, I find myself averting my gaze trying not to make eye contact with him.

"I thought it was weird and out of the blue when Jackson told me about you wanting to go on a date." I laugh and then curse myself internally for bringing up Jackson.