Warmth

Stephen examined Inho sitting in front of him, with his earnest and shy expression as he wished Stephen a happy birthday. He looked so cozy in his grey sweatpants, and Stephen wanted to consume him: crush him and devour him with that odd aggression reserved only for the cutest things. It was taking all his willpower to maintain a calm demeanor and tell Inho he would wait. Three dates he'd said – three dates until sex. Now, here he was saying he would let Inho set the pace. Most confusing of all, he meant it.

"Thank you," Stephen replied, "Are you my gift?" He pulled Inho over into his lap to kiss him. Inho giggled like a little kid and the sound was officially too much, sticky sweet as a spoonful of syrup. Stephen's kisses turned to nibbles and bites that made Inho yelp and laugh even more.

They moved to Inho's bed and before Stephen could say "worknight" the next four hours vanished into cuddling, kissing, and talking. Stephen was careful to keep his hands from getting too adventurous, lest Inho feel pressured to go further than he wanted. Instead, he let himself explore the muscles of Inho's back, the nape of his neck, his lips, and the feel of their fingers entwined.

Now that he was reassured, Inho was focused on Stephen's face like a flower following the sun. Were his eyes actually sparkling? Stephen wondered. Was that even possible? He glanced around for another light source, then caught himself. You're being ridiculous, he dismissed himself.

"So, Inho," he said, interspersing his words with a series of kisses starting from where Inho's shoulder joined his, neck up to his ear, "How long are you in Canada for anyway?"

Inho shivered, his skin visibly prickling up in goosebumps when Stephen's mouth reached his ear and nipped his earlobe.

"Ah! Umm, I don't really know to be honest."

"Oh?" Stephen asked, sucking a kiss on the edge of Inho's sharp jaw. "No plan? Just a nomad wandering the world?"

"Well," Inho said, distracted, "I was just here for Jamie, but now that's..." he trailed off, "And, I guess I've got this apartment lease now, and a job. So, I might stay for a bit. I've got to leave after two years though."

"Two years?" Stephen casually ran his hand over Inho's smooth chest, thumbing his nipple as his hand passed over it, making Inho inhale sharply and arch his back just a little before speaking.

"My visa will end and I'll have to go back."

"What if you want to stay though?" Stephen asked.

"Sounds complicated. And expensive." Inho yawned into the pillow, "Why, are you worried? Will you miss me?"

Stephen laughed, "Nope," He replied, then pulled Inho close, curling his neck to kiss him some more.

Stephen could admit to himself that he was somewhat enamored with Inho. But it wasn't serious, it was just...a non-critical crush. He hadn't expected things to go this far, but he wasn't worried. And Inho leaving in two years? Didn't impact him at all. Just idle curiosity made him ask about it, and nothing more.

Inho rolled over and snuggled back into Stephen's stomach as little spoon.

"We should get some sleep now," he said with another jaw cracking yawn.

Stephen muffled agreement into the back of Inho's neck, breathing in the smell of soap from Inho's skin. He draped his arm over Inho's waist, and pulled him even tighter. Inho pressed his freezing feet onto the tops of his shins and after a yelp of protest, they both settled into a deep but brief sleep.

When Stephen's alarm rattled his phone off Inho's night table with a clatter, he could barely turn himself over to turn it off. 7AM, and three hours of sleep. He scrubbed his gummy eyes. How old was he? Did he seriously stay up all night to talk to a boy? He hadn't done that since his first boyfriend more than a decade ago.

I'm too old for this. He dragged himself out of bed, exhausted. Way too old to stay up all night, and definitely way too old to break into a pool. What kind of stupid things had he been...

Inho stretched, languid as a cat, and smiled up at him from where he was cuddled in a white comforter. Stephen's thoughts dropped off immediately in favor of giving Inho some kisses.

"Are you in a hurry?" Inho asked when Stephen finally let him breathe, "At least let me make some coffee."

"Ahhh, I've got to get home and change before work." Stephen checked the schedule on his phone, "I've got a meeting at 9 AM. Can I shower here?"

"Sure, should I join you?" Inho climbed out of bed and stretched again.

"What?" Stephen demanded, startled, "Now?"

"Nah, just kidding," Inho snickered and dodged Stephen's vengeful swipe at his butt as he walked past to the kitchen.

When Stephen was ready to leave, he stood by the front door, trapped in the lazy loop of Inho's arms around his neck. Inho lifted up on his toes to kiss him again for the 30th time that morning. Stephen grinned against his lips and felt Inho's mouth stretch in a smile as well.

"Are you going to let me go to work? I'll be late."

"It's your birthday, you don't have to work."

"That's just...Not how it –" Inho kissed him again, cutting him off.

"Okay, but don't work hard," Inho commanded.

Stephen laughed, "I'll try." He peeled Inho off his shoulders and opened the door. Inho followed him to the doorway and watched him walk away. Stephen paused a few steps out.

"Did you forget something?" Inho called softly.

"Yep," Stephen ran back and grabbed Inho by the waist, dipping him like a tango dancer, he placed a final passionate kiss on Inho's lips.

"Got it," he said, then strode down the hallway full speed until he was out of sight. What is this romance movie bullshit? He thought to himself, Acting like we're lovers or something. He shook off the thought, smiling uncontrollably on the walk to his car.

When he finally got home, feeling like absolute death, he noticed he did actually forget something. His house keys must have fallen out of his coat somewhere when he was stripping: hopefully at Inho's place and not at the pool. He sighed and went straight to work in yesterday's clothes.

~~

SOFT BOYS ARE SOFT. How's Stephen really feeling you guys? Can we trust him? Vote and add Kiss It Better to your reading lists please, Daisies! I need your engagement to live!