Stephen Makes A Mistake

Stephen leaned back in his Herman Miller chair, rolling his shoulders stiffly before raising a cup to his lips and blowing steam off the top of his cappuccino. With a sip and a satisfied sigh, he logged onto his computer, ready to face the daily onslaught of emails. He rolled his shoulders once more - the rope burns that marked his back wrapped over his shoulder and down to his armpit. They rubbed uncomfortably in his suit but also gave him that pleasant stomach-dropping sensation when the pain reminded him of the night before. The dom he'd played with at the club last night was inexperienced but fun. He didn't always like to play a submissive role, but when work was particularly unrelenting, it could be cathartic.

His play partner had been of a similar build to himself. Tall, with the powerful body of a dedicated weightlifter, but where Stephen's own downy body hair was neatly groomed, he had been waxed smooth all over. Not what Stephen would usually choose but still nice. His thoughts slipped back, not for the first time, to the male Dom he'd seen in his own bed the night before, with Jamie. Now that was his ideal type: slim, a little muscular but not bulky, on the shorter side with smooth even skin and a cute face. He somehow looked innocent in spite of the leash in his hand, but not young, and he certainly looked like he knew what he was doing. The juxtaposition made Stephen bite his lip. That startled expression though... He smirked.

Poor guy, he must have thought Jamie's husband was walking in on him with his client.

Stephen chuckled softly at the thought. He hadn't pegged Jamie as a member of the kink scene, and he felt like he knew damn near all the locals.

And the Asian guy was new too, where did she find his contact info?

He still felt disappointed the Dom hadn't followed up after he had given him his business card. He really had been Stephen's ideal type. Stephen took another long sip of coffee and shrugged the feeling off. Maybe he only played with female subs. Not for a second did he consider it as a personal rejection.

At exactly 9:30, he put his coffee down and raised his eyes to the door, folding his hands on the heavy oak and glass desk in front of him. On cue, a soft knock came before it swung open to reveal Jamie. Her greeting nod was awkward, without her usual confidence. Stephen suppressed a smile.

"Come on in Jamie, you're right on time. Would you like a coffee before we get started?"

Jame sat in the chair opposite him and shuffled her papers around, before passing him a file, "No, thank you. Here is the Semidark Inc. annual audit report hardcopy. I've also emailed it to you".

"Excellent, I'm sure you had to pull a lot of overtime to get this sorted out for the deadline. I'm sorry to put so much pressure on you so soon after your promotion. Make sure to take some days off. I'll okay it with HR".

Jamie's posture sagged just slightly for a moment.

"Thank you, that is very appreciated." she hesitated, then plowed on. "Ah, Stephen, may I just apologize again for what happened yesterday at the apartment. My boyfriend arrived unexpectedly and..." her composure crumbled further. "You showed so much trust in me asking me to house sit and..."

Stephen waved a dismissive hand.

"Don't even worry about it Jamie, I'm sure you did an excellent job house sitting, and I can't trust just anyone to feed those expensive fis-" Stephen cut off suddenly. "Did you say your boyfriend?"

Jamie nodded.

"Yes, he just flew in from Korea to surprise me and we got a bit carried away," she looked down blushing furiously. "I'm so embarrassed."

Stephen felt ice run down his spine.

Her boyfriend?! He had so much gear!

"I thought he was a profe....." Stephen cut himself off again before he could reveal himself.

Jamie had never mentioned a boyfriend or partner of any kind. Not in two years. Not once! Pasting on a fake smile, he looked directly at her once more.

"Not a worry dear - thank god I'm gay though, or that would be really awkward!" He laughed, and it rang emptily against the walls.

Jamie didn't notice and perked up a bit before replying, "Right, let's forget about it. I've hired a cleaner and....back to the report."

"Yes! Yes, the report," Stephen was grateful for the topic change. "Excellent! I've been reading your weekly check-ins." Stephen tapped the file, "Any surprises in the final stretch?"

"No, I think the board will be pleased, they'll be able to get to projections right away with the audit done so quickly," she paused, hesitating. "There was one thing the CFO asked me to omit," her face clouded. "He was quite adamant about it and I thought I had better clear it with you."

Stephen wasn't listening, he was internally screaming instead:

This boyfriend is certainly going to tell her that he's been propositioned. I'll look like I'm trying to seduce my subordinate's spouse?! Or maybe that I'm blackmailing her in some way? Could they figure out I'm in the kink scene from this? It's hard enough being gay here without being seen as a sexual deviant too!

He wracked his brain, running his fingers roughly through his hair.

What exactly did I say to him?

He looked up, to where Jamie was looking at him with a worried expression on her face.

"Did I make a mistake? I-Im sorry." she stammered, "I can call him back."

Stephen snapped back to attention.

"No! It's fine, let's call it here, Jamie. Thank you"

He politely guided her out of his office, before shutting the door and sinking to a crouch. Panicked thoughts swirled before he could get a handle on himself.

I don't think I mentioned BDSM. But still....Shit!

~~

Introducing Stephen everyone! What are your first impressions?

Please vote and comment Brave Butterflies!