A Date

Stephen considered Inho's shy expression as Inho climbed into the passenger seat of his car. His body language was very meek. It was an odd look for someone who had tried to start a fight in a restaurant the last time they met.

The fact that Inho had somehow turned an apology into a date impressed Stephen though. Inho was intriguing: an experienced dom, but he somehow seemed...naive? And his moods vacillated between anger and softness in the blink of an eye. Stephen smiled, bemused by this odd turn of events.

Under Stephen's scrutiny, Inho turned a delightful shade of pink. Stephen took a moment to face him directly before starting the car. He was rewarded with an even deeper blush; Inho met his eyes then glanced away only to peek back.

Who blushes that much? How is he so cute? Stephen held in a laugh.

"Ready to go?" He asked, tearing his eyes away from Inho's nervous fidgeting to look forward at the street.

"Yes. But um, where are we going?" Inho straightened his shoulders and rubbed his palms on his jeans.

"Downtown, there's a restaurant I like down there. Is that alright with you?"

"Yes," Inho hesitated, then nodded. "Yes sure, whatever you want."

"Perfect." Stephen took a right turn off of Inho's quiet tree-lined street. He allowed the silence to expand only because observing Inho's obvious discomfort was so enjoyable.

Inho glanced around the car, "Ah, this is a Tesla right? It's...nice."

"Thank you," Stephen replied simply.

Inho shifted in his seat.

"Are you still mad about before?" he asked abruptly. "I really am sorry about that. I hope we can get along."

"Don't worry about that," Stephen answered, shooting Inho a brief but brilliant grin, "I've already forgiven you."

Relieved, Inho also broke into a genuine smile at Stephen's words.

Stephen stared for a moment, then had to brake hard to avoid rear-ending the car ahead of him.

"Yes, well," Stephen said, covering his mistake. "I hope we get along very well indeed."

Inho flushed yet again and looked out the window. He was covering his lower face with his hand, but Stephen suspected he was smiling.

They arrived at the restaurant shortly after, and Stephen stopped the car out front. They were still in the road, and Inho looked at him quizzically, then jumped when the valet opened his door for him. Stephen hid another smile as he climbed out of his own seat. His plan to keep Inho off balance for this date was working almost too well, and he found Inho's reactions painfully endearing.

"Where are we going?" Inho asked, looking up at Stephen.

Stephen put his hand in the small of Inho's back and guided him towards the glass double doors of the luxury hotel ahead of them. "There's a restaurant here called Botany. I think you'll enjoy it."

Inho froze where he stood on the sidewalk. "Stephen," he said in an anguished voice, "Stephen, I can't afford this."

Stephen chuckled, "I know." he took a moment to enjoy the Inho's wide-eyed expression. He'd like to see Inho try to lie sometime, his face would give him away in an instant.

"I told you, I've forgiven you, so there's no need for you to pay. Tonight is my treat."

Inho didn't look relieved at all, and Stephen finally laughed out loud.

"It's fine, just relax," he reassured him, then checked his watch. "Come on, we'll be late for our reservation"

He returned his hand to Inho's back, and Inho allowed himself to be guided through the gilded glass doors.

******

Inho was very aware of the warmth of Stephen's hand on his back. He shifted to hide beside Stephen so he wouldn't have to talk to the host that welcomed them like royalty. Stephen occasionally moved his hand in a small circle and it sent shivers up Inho's spine. He hoped Stephen couldn't feel how clammy he was getting.

Inho reminded himself to act cool, but indifference was impossible in this place, and he stared around him. The dining room made Nathan's restaurant look like the inside of a dumpster.

The roof was a glass dome and tropical foliage grew in sweeping architectural arcs towards the light. Smooth marble pillars dripped vining plants, and exotic flowers bloomed from vast golden planters. A small artificial creek cut through the floor. It was like a cross between a throne room and a rainforest jungle. Soft bird sounds played and Inho legitimately wasn't sure if they were real.

The host greeted Stephen by name and guided them across an elegant pathway over the water feature. Low-backed bench seating wrapped in tufted blue velvet held elegant patrons sipping cocktails from cut-crystal glasses. Everyone had immaculate hair, crisp suits, and perfectly white teeth.

Inho shrank in on himself in his jeans and still slightly wrinkled shirt.

Once they were seated, Stephen excused himself to go to the men's room.

"Why don't you order us some drinks while you wait?" he instructed before sauntering off into the jungle.

Inho opened the drink menu, and surreptitiously dabbed sweat from his upper lip with the back of his hand. He drew a sharp breath when he saw the price of drinks, which ranged from double his hourly wage to hundreds of dollars for a dram of top-shelf whiskey.

Before he could worry further, a waiter appeared, to fill his glass with sparkling water, and shake out his cloth napkin to place on Inho's lap. Inho allowed this with discomfort. He himself was a waiter, but this was next level.

The man stepped back then leaned forward politely for his order.

"Um, I'm sorry. What do you suggest?" Inho asked shyly.

The waiter contained his eye roll well, and after a moment's guided discussion, he disappeared to have their drinks made.

Stephen returned just after, and seated himself across from Inho.

"Did you get something good?" he said, eyes fixed back on Inho's face.

"Yes. I think so," Inho said, then plucked at his wrinkly shirt, "I think I'm underdressed."

"Nonsense," Stephen answered warmly, "You're perfect."

Inho felt a hot rush at Stephen's approval.

~~
These silly boys, acting so cool. Dear reader what do you think? Will they fall in love?? Leave me a comment with your thoughts!

PS. I'm new to Wattpad, if you're enjoying the story please add it to your reading list, and follow me? Maybe drop some votes? I appreciate your engagement so so much!!