Chapter 82: My career talk

My eyes shot open to the sound of an alarm.
" Sorry." I hear Troye say.
" It's alright." I looked at my phone.
" It's 4 in the morning." I groaned.
" Yea. I forgot that I had an alarm on." He said as he sat on the couch.
" Did I fall asleep?" I asked.
" Yep. You slept like a little puppy." Troye said. He turned on the lamp. I look to see his smile.
" Like an actual puppy?"
" I mean it's cute, okay." I laughed.
" So how is your music? I am still waiting to give you a shoutout." Troye said, excited.
" Um. It's great. Um-"
" I tried to find your EP but I can't."
" I didn't release it."
" Are you still making it?" Troye asked. He gave me a confused look.
" I stopped. I'm writing songs for artists now." I said.
" What? Why?" He asked.
" I don't know. Its just-"
" The hate?" He said like he read my mind. I nodded.
" You can't do that. You wanted to be a singer, right?"
" Yes." I said.
" Then be one. You was reject once but you surprisingly made a music video with Mahogany! Now, you have a record deal. You can't just stop and write songs for others. The song is written but an amazing girl- you." Troye said.
" You're right. When I go back home, I'm going to the recording studio and sing my heart out." I said.
" Thanks, Troye." I hugged him.
" What will you do without me?" Troye asked.
" Maybe sleep." I said. Troye chuckled.
" I'm bored." He said.
" Then sleep." I said as I felt myself drift to a sleep.
" But I'm awake. I can't go to sleep!" He shouted causing me to jump.
" Okay. Okay." I said as I got up.
" Well, I'm hungry so we can go eat." I said.
" It's 4 in the morning. I repeat, 4 in the mor-"
" I know. Maybe there is a place we can eat at." I said. Troye nodded. I walked to my room and search in my suitcase for clothes.
I look at Sky. She looked so peaceful but fragile.
I grabbed my clothes and went in the bathroom. I changed and did my daily routine- brushing my teeth, cleaning my face, etc. I put my hair in a pony tail and walked out.
" It feels like girls take longer and longer every time to get ready." Troye said.
" You'll never understand." I smiled.
" Just brush your teeth and wash your face then done." Troye said as he walked out the door. I put on my shoes and walked to him.
" It's more than that. We have to fix our hair. And some girls put makeup on. And when we clean our face, we have certain products-"
" Okay, I got it. Girls take forever because of whatever you said." Troye said.
" Alright." I said. We continued to walk.
" Why didn't we get a cab or drive?" Troye asked.
" I don't know." I said, slowly. We continued to walk anyway. Of course, Troye was stopped by fans. I took pictures for them.
" Hey, I know you. " A girl said.
" Me?" I said as I pointed to myself.
" Yea. Christine, right?"
" Christina." I corrected her.
" Were you that girl that made a music video?" The girl asked. I nodded.
" Oh, why did you stop singing?" She asked. I had to think.
Not about why. I thought about the other people who wondered why I stopped singer. Why I slowly faded away.
I thought about the songs I gave away. People are listening to the songs I wrote but others are singing it.
" Hello?" She waved her hand in front of my face.
" Oh. I wasn't ready to have a career. But now, I am." I said. She smiled then nodded.
" C'mon, let's go." Troye said as he grabbed my hand.
.
After we finished eating, we went to Connor's place. I saw Tyler eating a bagel. Connor was on his laptop. Sky was watching movies. It's like Troye and I never left.
" We're back." Troye said.
" Did you bring food?" Tyler said.
" Sorry." I said. Tyler groaned and took a bite out of the bagel.
" Troye, where is my hat?" Connor asked.
" I left it on the kitchen table." He said as he sat down.
" I didn't see it." Connor said.
" Because you didn't look." Tyler said.
" Yea, you're right." Connor chuckled.
" Look at this, Christina." Connor gave me his laptop. I saw pictures of the guys. They seem to have fun. They were having a water balloon fight. I saw the Magcon guys and 26mgmt guys together. The caption said:
We meant at the same place during tour! Nice to hang out with the guys.
" Okay." I said as I gave Connor the laptop.
" Are you mad?" Connor asked.
" Why would I?" I asked as I sat by him.
" Look at those girls." He pointed to the screen. I saw some girls.
" No, they are having fun. I don't care if they hang out with girls. " I said.
" Connor, why did you show her this? What are you trying to do?" Tyler said as he sat by me.
" I'm trying to make her mad, but that doesn't work." Connor said.
" Why?" Tyler said.
" I'm bored, okay. I do random stuff." Connor said.
" Ugh." I said as my phone buzzed.
" What?" Troye said.
" It's nothing. " I looked at my phone. It was a message again.
Unknown:
Having a nice time with Connor? Don't worry. I'll make it better.
I almost dropped my phone. Who can that be?
" Hey, what's wrong?" Sky asked as she looked at me.
" Nothing. " I said. I blocked the number and put away my phone.
Later on, I saw a car park near Connor's house. I froze in fear. The door bell rang.
" Christina, can you get the door?" Tyler asked.
" Sure." I said, unsure. I walked to the door and slowly opened it.
" Pizza delivery." The guy said. I noticed his uniform. I signed in relief.
" I got it." Tyler said. Connor gave him a look.
" What? I order pizza. I get hungry." He said. He paid for the pizza and grabbed the boxes.
I closed the door. Maybe, the person is messing with me. It can be Jc.
I stopped thinking about it and called Kenzie, my manager.
" Hello, Ms. Royal." I hear her say.
" Hi, I was wondering if I can record some songs when I come back to L.A." I said.