Chapter 70: My "date"

I finish curling my hair as Kylie walks in.
" Someone is getting all fancy. I wonder why?" She said.
" Going on a date." I said. I'm nervous. I don't do the blind date thing. I find it weird. I never met this person and I'm going to date them. That sounds crazy to me.
" Let me guess... Sky made you." She said. I nodded and Kylie giggled.
" Kylie!" I hear Hayes shout. Kylie rolled her eyes.
" What's wrong?" I asked.
" Hayes has been... annoying. He keeps bugging me." She said.
" You'll get use to it. Trust me." I said.
" Sure." She mumbles as she walked out the door. I look at myself in the mirror. I sighed. I'm scared, nervous, but happy. I'm moving on, I think.
" Christina!" I hear Sky shout. I walk downstairs. The guys were downstairs so was Maggie. The guys were looking at me. I walk down with confidence.
" You look beautiful." Carter said. I blushed. I look at Maggie and she gave me a dirty look.
" Thanks, Carter." I smiled. He smiled. My heart warmed up. His smile is so perfect. Stop, Christina. Carter and I are only friends. Only friends.
" Lets go." Sky dragged me out the door.
" You know. I feel sick. Maybe I should stay home and sleep. " I said. I'm hoping that she would buy it but the way she is looking at me, I don't think so.
" Nice try." She said. I gave up and we went in her car.
" Okay, we are going to meet Jay. His friend, Jordan, will be there. They are both 18. Jordan likes football. Jay likes basketball. " Sky said as she drove.
" What?" I asked.
" Ugh. Jay has brown eyes. Jordan has green eyes so don't go to Jay. " She said.
" Alright." I said. She parked the car at some fancy restaurant.
" We are here." She said as she turned off the engine. We walked out. I look at see two attractive looking guys. I was about to walk to them but Sky pulled me away.
" Not them." She laughed. I look down. I feel so embarrassed. Sky stopped and I looked up. Two guys. Very attractive.
Sky hugged Jay. He had brown hair. His skin is a tan color. He is very cute.
I see Jordan. My jaw almost dropped. His green eyes sparkled. His dark brown hair was in a quiff. He wore jeans and a white shirt. It was so simple but I felt like he dressed better. He cracked a smile. I bit my lip.
" Hi, I'm Christina." I said. Hi? I'm so embarrassing. I sound so boring.
" Hey. I'm Jordan." He said. He had a deep voice but it wasn't very deep.
" Okay, let's go in." Jay said. We walked inside.
" Mr. Smith." Jay smiles. The man looks through the book and stops.
" Okay. I shall get a waiter to escort you to your table." The man said. Jay nods.
" So, Christina... You look very pretty." Jordan said. I blushed.
" Uh.. Um.. Thanks." I manage to say. A waiter comes and brings us to our table. We order and wait. Jordan stares at me since he is in front of me. Sky and Jay talked and talked. I wanted to speak but I don't know what to say. Jordan and I just stared at each other.
After an hour, we walked out. I didn't say anything. Jordan didn't either. He walked towards me.
" Sorry about not talking." He said.
" Its okay, Jordan. " I said.
" It's just... Can we talk in private?"He asked.
" Sure." We walked to the side of the restaurant.
" You are not like other girls. I know who you are." He said. I started to get uncomfortable.
" You are a mermaid, right?" He asked.
" What? Mermaids? You are crazy." I said.
" Christina, I'm not stupid. I am one. Merman." He said, smiling.
" Are you sure that you are okay?" I asked him.
" Do you need proof?" He asked. I nod.