Chapter 44: Coming home to my losers

My eyes opened. I see my mom and dad looking down.

" Mom. Dad."I said. They look up and a smile appears.

" You're gonna be okay, sweetie." Mom rubbed my hand. I look at my tail.

" It took some work but the doctors healed it. " Dad said. I made a weak smile. The doctor came in.

" I see that you are awake." The doctor chuckled. I nodded.

" It would need to heal for about a week so you can't go on land." The doctor said.

" We will watch her." Dad said. The doctor nodded and swam away.

" Can I leave? I wanna go home."I said. Mom nodded. Dad picked me up and we swam towards home.

They lay me on my bed.

" I'm preparing food for you." Mom said.

" It better be good!" Dad shouts following her. I laughed. I look at my bag, I quickly grab it. I went on my phone. Missed calls and texts from everyone.
Sky:
Come home. Please.
Taylor:
I'm sorry for what I did. Come home.
Nash:
I need my best friend at home...
Cam:
When I said you needed a break, I didn't mean to run away. Please come home.
Kylie:
You left me with boys. Sky is crying to much. Come home please.
Hayes:
Come home! I want you to cook again. NOBODY KNOWS HOW TO COOK HERE!
Shawn:
I know that we barely talk but I do miss you. Come home.
Matt:
I need my other cuddle buddy :( Please come home.
Carter:
I miss you. I miss you so much. Please come home. You mean so much to me.

After that text, I put my phone away. Everyone wants me back home. They don't know where I am. Sky and Kylie don't even know where I am.

Mom swims in with food. Dad is right behind her. Dad puts the table in front of me and mom sets the food down.

" Thanks." I said. The nodded.

" I guess you wanna know why." I said. I push the table away a little.

" So I saw a mom shout for help. I look to see her kid floating towards the shark area. I quickly swam towards the kid. The shark bites my tail but it lets go. I mange to bring the kid without being seen." I said.

" I'm glad you did something good. That was very brave." Mom said.

" I'm proud of what you did. " Dad said. I smile.

" Christina!" I heard someone shout. Sky and Kylie swims in my room. They look at me and they looked shocked.

" It was a shark attack. " Mom said. I can tell that Sky and Kylie are crying. Mom hugged both of them.

And there is dad. Standing there, awkwardly.

Mom pulled away and sat near my bed.

" Tell us." Kylie said. I just explained it less than a minute ago. I told them. Kylie had her hands in her face. I put my hand on her shoulder.

" Kylie." I said. She looks up.

" Do you want to talk about how that happened to your parents?" I said. She nodded.

" I was with my parents. We were swimming. I guess that we were lost because we couldn't find our way back. The place started to get darker. I looked up and it was night. Then we saw a creature coming towards us. It was a shark. We swam back as fast as we can. My Mom found a cave but it was only small enough for me. My dad put me in and told me to stay. So I did. I saw my parents swim away. I guess hours had pass and I got out. I swam to find my parents. I look down to see my parents on the ocean floor. " Kylie stopped. I hugged her. I rubbed her back then Sky joined in the hug.