"I know, I don't think you're an evil witch." I nod but staring at her confused at the same time, I still can't believe what's happening: I've gone from being horny five minutes ago, kissing a beautiful girl, to try to calm down the same woman who looks on the edge of a nervous breakdown when she realized I have knowledge in magic. She's going to have a heart attack if she finds out how powerful I am. "But you've said it... I'm dangerous for you. Please, let me go..."

Her fast movement opening the booth sliding door takes me off guard and I run following her to the waiting room. Thyra jumps from her chair and gets closer to the reception counter, scared and confused when she notices I'm only wearing my jeans and sports bra but she stops when I gesture at her with my hand although she remains on alert, watching Iselen suspiciously while she struggles to open the entrance door. I know it's securely locked and won't move until I say so but she hasn't noticed it and punches the wooden frame desperately.

"Ruby, please..."

"No, I won't let you go unless you give me a good explanation," I answer harshly, I'm tired of this game: I want to know what's going on here. Thyra gets tensed behind me when she realizes I'm about losing my temper, I can recognize her energy easily after so many years sharing ritual ceremonies, but she decides not to interfere. Well, someone remembers who they're dealing with for once... The other girls should learn from her and stop questioning my judgement every minute.

"My grandmother was a druid..." I blink shocked but trying to pretend that I'm not freaking out inside my head. How is it possible that none of us noticed anything weird when she was around us? Vinnia didn't identify her as a sister, Savannah thought she was a normal girl, Ivy was unable to read her aura correctly... I've slept with Iselen, twice, and didn't notice her connection with Mother Nature. This is odd... "There's always been a special woman in my family, in every generation: healers, clairvoyants, midwives, they knew the forest well and also every single plant growing there, which ones were medicinal and which ones poisonous, they recorded the passing of time watching the movements of the stars... There's a very old circle of stones related to my family in a mountain very close to my grandparents' house... We keep books with recipes, spells, diaries... all of them written centuries ago."

"Wow, that's amazing..." I whisper moving a step closer, fascinated and ignoring her anxiety. "Wonderful, you're a privileged lady, babe. There're only a few people like you in the world, linked to magic and Mother Nature by such a strong bond, raised by powerful women who taught you..."

"My grandmother was attacked and raped by a witch hunter." I step back involuntarily but regretting it immediately when I spot the sadness on Iselen's face, Thyra gasps shocked behind me but she doesn't interfere yet. "She managed to survive somehow, she never told me what happened to him, but my mom was the result..."

"The hunters' gift skips a generation." My tone of voice sounds horrified and there's nothing I can do to hide it, the beautiful woman seems to flinch in front of me due to pain and embarrassment. I try to keep my poise since this isn't her fault but it's difficult for me not to feel... disgust. She's supposed to be the same Iselen that trusted me and allowed me to tattoo her wrist half an hour ago, the same girl I held in my arms last Saturday and who tasted so sweet on my tongue, but this changes everything... And I hate to feel like this because I've always been proud of my open mind and my lack of prejudices and now I can't help looking at Iselen differently just because her grandfather was an asshole.

"I know, my mom never... but I do. That's why I'm going to leave and never bother you again... Please, open the door."

"Wait," Thyra gets closer slowly till she's standing next to me and Iselen looks at her cautiously. "Your druidic side might be stronger than the hunter one, you don't know it..." I nod trying to hide my surprise, the Jamaican woman is very suspicious usually and she'd try to get rid of a hunter by all means under normal circumstances, I wouldn't picture her showing compassion for one of them.