Dana's house. (P6)

Start from the beginning

"How did I trick you?" She lays next to me.

"You promised me my favorite dinner. I've yet to see it." I grumble. She starts to laugh. Hey this is no laughing matter.

"I didn't trick you Kaitie Dear. I did make your favorite, I just hid it so no one could steal a bite." She pats my back. Ok I'm starting to feel better. "Now let's head back before momma decides to drag us back." She pulls me up with her, I swear she's Super woman.

I reach for my necklace that's underneath my shirt. I take it out and hold it tightly. I don't know why but I always do this when I'm nervous, it gives me strength. Zeke made it for me, I have a theory that it has a tiny camera. Sometimes it glows this baby blue color, other times it's green. I asked Zeke about it and he said that it goes off my body heat. I'm like yeah sure Zeke we'll say that.

Even though I strongly believe it's some camera I still put it on, you'll never see me without it. That and my bracelet, but that's another story for a much later time.

Dana takes a seat by her family, and I notice that there's only two left , one by Arrio and another by Dean. Hmmm. Obviously I'm going to choose "Dean!" I walk towards him after getting my food. "Can I sit here?" I ask him. He looks up at me and smiles.

"Of cou-" he glances behind me and slowly starts shaking his head. Wtf? I move to the side to block whatever or whoever he's looking at . He meets my eyes again and I give him my best puppy eyes and put a big smile on my face. He nods frantically. Yeah that's what I thought .

"Thanks." I sit down and look up to see Arrio glaring at Dean again. Dude that guy has some anger issues. "So Dean, what are you planning to do after you graduate?" I ask. This is how normal people socialize. Right?

"Oh well there's a tradition in my family and I'm going to-" there's a slam that surprises us. I look and see Arrio sitting kinda between us, he continues eating like he didn't just interrupt us. I continue to stare at him until he looks up and smiles.

"Don't mind me. Please continue." Douche.

"Arrio!" His dad calls him over causing Arrio to grumble, nevertheless he still heads over. They both walk inside . Ha! He's probably getting scolded. Wait! This is my perfect chance to ask!

"You seem like a trustworthy guy." I tell Dean causing him to blush. "Sooo I've been meaning to ask, well I already asked Dana but she's pretty oblivious of her surroundings." He nods with furrowed eyebrows. "Are you guys umm like A ummm" damn this is harder than I thought.

I scoot closer to him, I notice him tensing up a bit. "Chill I'm not making a move on you." He blushes again "yet" I add. I didn't think he Could get any redder but indeed he can.

I glance around to see if anyone is paying attention to us. Thankfully they are not. I move closer and whisper "Is this some type of cult? I mean, are you safe? Like if you need help getting out of here I can totally help."

He stares at me for a few minutes then busts out laughing. I stare at him confused. "You thought this was a cult?!" He whispers loudly. Damn he's going to blow our cover. "No no , this isn't a cult and I'm safe." He chuckles a bit more. Hmmm. His reaction shows that he's not lying. I guess maybe it's not one.

Or maybe he doesn't know!

"So it's just a normal community?" He nods. "So you guys do normal stuff here? Nothing weird such as rituals." He stops smiling when I say rituals. Bingo baby.

"Or announcements of new arrivals." He blinks a few times.

Oh. My. God.

He doesn't know that he's part of a cult! This poor child is confused. I need to save him from here. I need to save Dana and her family from here.

I'll text Zeke a S.O.S and he'll find me right away. I take out my phone and go to my messages. I'm about to open our chat when I receive a message from Dana *you doing alright?*

I type back *no you're in danger! I told you this was a cult! Dean is in danger as well. *

Instantly she messages back *what are you talking about* oh my sweet daft girl.

*its a cult! That's why they are here! They want us to join! I think Dean is already apart of it without knowing * I look up to see Dean spacing out like Dana does.

Wait....Omfg.

I send her another message *omg Dana I think you have a chip inside your brain! So does Dean! Do you hear voices by any chance?*

I watch and wait patiently for Dana to see my message. She looks at her phone and busts out laughing. She holds her stomach and cries from all the laughing. All of a sudden Dean laughs as well, almost as crazy as Dana.

Alright it's too late for them, I'll have to leave them behind. I squeeze my necklace tightly and start thinking of Zeke. I wish he was here. I want to leave. I seriously don't feel safe right now.

"-ai"

I just want him to show up and hide behind him

"Kai"

I'm never leaving his side again.

"Kai!" I look up and see Dana in front of me with scared eyes. I raise a brow at her. She shakes her head "Are you ok? You were gone for a while"

"Gone?" I ask

"Yeah like spaced out and your necklace is glowing ." Dean points at my necklace. It's red.

"It's never been this color before." I mumble.

I don't know why but I don't have a good feeling about this.

.