chapter eleven

Demi

"Alright, so what do you guys think?" I ask the fifth-teen year olds before me, smiling as I put my hands on my hips

"It's huge," They all said in unison as they glance around the Staples Center.

I smiled at them. "Some stadiums are like this but don't worry, you guys will be watching me from the side stage. But I have to do sound check now, so you guys can go stroll around or whatever." I say and they nodded before running off.

I walk back to the stage, ready to warm up my vocals.

Pacing the huge stage, a water bottle tight against my chest as my mind was flooded with thoughts. Thoughts of my ex, and my relationship with him. Thoughts of the three fifthteen year olds who were causing trouble in the empty stadium, their laughter bouncing off the walls and footsteps pounding against the concrete. Thoughts of how badly I wanted to get some alcohol in my system, wanting to forget about him.

I shook my head, ridding the thoughts of him and started to focus on my concert. I went through all the songs that I plan to sing tonight before getting rushed off for make up and wardrobe.

I was then rush off to my meet and greet, plastering a smile so wide on my lips that it hurts. When meet and greet was done and the stadium was getting full with fans, the buzz of excitement was clear in the air as I walk around backstage.

"Okay, yeah they sound good. Mic is on, yeah, I'm ready, everyone come on!" I say, throwing a thumbs up at one of the sound check guys. The crew gathers around me and I say a prayer before getting pulled to the platform.

I wave to my friends, who were already on the side stage and grinning with excitement. Then, I look forward as the platform starts to rise slowly, hearing the crowd chant my name.

"Demi! Demi! Demi!" They chanted loudly, and my giant grin returns it's place on my lips as I was revealed to the crowd, screams were all I could hear.

"What's up Staples Center?! Let's get this concert started!" I shouted into my mic before starting to sing one of my songs from my latest album, dancing to the music.

"Okay, okay," I giggled half way through the concert, grabbing my water bottle from the small stage next to the drums. I took a few sips since my throat was parched due to all singing. I went back to the mic stand, already sweating from all the singing and dancing.

"So, um, as some of you guys already know, I have a maid." I say into the mic, loud cheering was the response I received as I glance over to Miles, who stood between Tori and William, a frighten look in her eyes. "She's a concert virgin, so is her friends. So I'm hopeful they had the most kick ass concert ever! I want you all to meet the girl who cleans up my shit almost everyday. Please welcome, Miles Russell!" I say, motioning my hands to the side stage.

Miles shakes her head furiously, panic clear in her eyes but William and Tori push her forward, Miles skip to a halt, but it was already too late since everyone could see her.

"Come on babe!" I say, motioning her with my hand to walk over to me.

She stays frozen in her place so I walk over to her instead, I stood in front of her and grab her shoulders.

"Hey, look at me. Just look at me, only me. You don't have to be scared. I'm right here." I say softly and she nods, her eyes glancing over my shoulder at the screaming crowds.

Her fingers curled around my wrist and I drag her back to my mic stand.

"So," I say casually, slinging my arm around her shoulder as she stood beside me. "how is it like cleaning up after me?" I ask her and she pressed her lips, looking over at me.