chapter sixteen

Miles

"Lorenzo." Demi says again and he smiles widely at her, she moves from her place to walk over to us. Demi seems to notice the two bodyguards behind him and nods at them.

She gulps next to me, and I look at their exchange with confusion yet slight amusement. "Ladies, you must address the King of Avalon with respect." One of his bodyguards say and Demi grimace slightly, my eyebrows just rose in surprise.

"King? Wow Demi, I didn't know you would go for the royalty type." I say and she motions her head to the King, silently telling me to bow my head.

I did, with a eye roll and looked at the King. Demi didn't bow her head though, so why did I have to? The bodyguard clears his throat and Demi presses her lips in a thin tight line, not bowing her head.

"It's okay, Henry. She's the only one who wouldn't bow down to me. Demi, it's so good to see you again." Lorenzo says, waving him off but kept his eyes on Demi.

"It's good to see you too Your Highness, please come in gentlemen." Demi says and open the door wider for them, Lorenzo nods and steps inside. They walk to the living room while I stay with Demi as she shuts the door, I look at her with a croaked smile. "Things just got interesting," I say and she sighs, grabbing my arm and pulling me down the hall.

"Take a seat. That's Nick," Demi pointed to Nick who gets up from the couch, eyes narrowing at the men. "Do you want anything, coke, water, juice?" She ask them, letting go of my arm while her fingers fidget together. I should get popcorn, things are really going to get interesting in this room, I thought to myself.

"Water is fine, thank you." Lorenzo says and she nods before quickly disappearing into the kitchen, I follow after her. Demi quickly grab three glasses and filled them with water, I went and heat up some popcorn, the sly smile never leaving my face as I did so. Putting it into a big bowl, I grab it and turn back to Demi who was putting the glasses on a tray, her eyes unfocused, face pale as a sheet, fingers trembling.

"Yo, you alright?" I ask her and she nods, sighing loudly.

Demi moves back to the living room and I take my seat on the stool, setting the bowl of popcorn in front of me as I watch Demi, Nick, and Lorenzo talk, his bodyguards stand watch.

I threw a couple of pieces into my mouth as Lorenzo sends his bodyguards away, telling them to wait in the car. Once they were gone, he turns to Demi who sat on one couch, Nick standing behind her, watching Lorenzo with crossed arms, eyes narrowed.

"Could we talk, privately?" He asks her, and Demi glances at Nick and me before shaking her head.

"No, it's fine. Whatever you have to say, you can say it in front of them, I trust them." Demi says, looking up at the King.

Lorenzo nods, before standing up and pacing in front of her. "Demi, I've been wondering why you haven't return any my calls or texts. Please tell me the reason why you broke up with me, I can't wrap my head around it. I don't think I said or did anything that offended you, if so then my deepest apologies. I want to know why you call the wedding off, when your career was at risk. We were so in love, I'm still in love with you, my queen." Lorenzo says, turning to her as he stops and looking at her with furrow eyebrows.

Demi bites down on her lip, squeezing her eyes shut as Nick places a hand on her shoulder, giving it a soft squeeze to let her know he's there. I threw another piece of popcorn into my mouth, a smirk playing on my lips as I watch.

"You cheated on me." She whispers, and open her eyes to stare at Lorenzo with a set jaw.

Lorenzo looks really shocked, taking a step back and looking at her, dumbfounded.