chapter two

Miles

"Honey, wake up. You're late for your job." Mom's soothing voice says into my ear. I moan, turning away from her and burying my face into my pillow.

She chuckles. "Get up because its already eleven thirty." She says and at that, my eyes snap open. Crap, I'm late for my first day! I thought to myself.

Sitting up quickly, I sprang out of bed and ran into my bathroom to get ready. When finished, I threw on a random clean shirt, denim short jeans, my Converse, raked my fingers through my brown hair before grabbing my bag and running downstairs like it was on fire.

"Wait! Miles where are you going?" I heard my mom yell from the kitchen as I passed by it, glancing at her real quick.

"To Demi's place! I'm already late!" I tell her, quickly opening the door that led to the garage.

"It's only ten in the morning!" Mom yells and I stop, closing the door slowly before retreating my steps to the kitchen.

"What? Isn't it eleven thirty?" I ask her, confusion seeping into my voice as I look at her. She giggles at me as she leans against the counter top in front of her, a grin on her lips.

"It's ten babe, not eleven thirty. I just told you that so you can get up and get ready." Mom says and a scowl quickly went on my lips, eyes narrowing at her direction.

"Well thanks for the morning call mom. I'll be going now." I say but she quickly stops me.

"Wait! Come here and give your mom a kiss." She says and I roll my eyes but walk to her, my arms wrapping around her waist as I plant my lips on her cheek.

"Love you mom." I say and she kisses my head before letting me go.

"Love you too. Hey grab a apple before you go, I don't want you to starve yourself over there." She says, slapping my ass softly while I reach for a apple on the kitchen counter.

"Okay, I'll see you later." I say, waving at her before taking a bite of my apple while walking toward the garage. But before I could round the corner, her voice stops me once again.

"Oh and honey, Theo's spider escaped last night from its cage. If you find him then bring him back to his cage." She tells me and I nodded my head.

"Will do ma'am." I say, playfully saluting her then marching back to the garage, her laughter filling the kitchen. I grab my bike then headed to Demi's place, finishing off my apple as I go.

When I reach Demi's place, my eaten apple already thrown away in a trash bin I randomly threw in, I shriek to a stop near the side gate. Punching in the code, it opens for me and I rode in, the gate closing behind me.

Dropping my bike next to the door step, I notice that my ice cream wasn't there so it must've been washed away.

Smiling to myself, I put in the code next to the door and it unlocks, I walk inside then closed it behind me.

"Demi? I'm here! It's Miles!" I called out to my boss, wondering where she was.

I heard footsteps round the corner then Demi appeared. She was dressed in a white tank top, a red fannel drap over her shoulders and mid thigh short jeans.

She quickly beams at me. "You used the codes I see. Come on, I'll show you around. You can leave your bag there on the counter." Demi tells me and I nodded, leaving my backpack on the counter before following her.

"This is your house?" I repeated after probably the millionth time now, gazing with adoration at the halls as I walk behind Demi, golden records and things she won over the years hung on the wall, personal pictures too.