chapter twenty one

Miles

I blink, realizing Demi isn't dead and not slumping on me or bleeding to death.

I pull my head up and look at the guy with the same confusion as Demi. Only a Nerf dart was stuck on her forehead.

"Demi, that ain't even a real gun. He doesn't even have any bullets, only Nerf darts." I say and she quickly reacts, slapping the gun out of the guy's hand and tackling him to the ground.

She punches him in the face before grabbing a glass beer from the drinks and knocking him out cold with it to the head. It shatters in her hand and beer stream down from her hand, she shakes her hand a bit. Demi lets out a sigh and stands up, looking at the unconscious robber while taking the Nerf dart from her forehead with a frown and throwing it to the side.

"What kind of robber is he? One that brings a kid's toy gun and shoots little Nerf darts or something? Because he's the lamest robber ever." I started to laugh as Demi shakes her head at me, I'm not so scared anymore.

"Are you okay honey? Did he hurt you?" She asks me and comes to crouch down in front of me, moving my hair to the side.

"Hurt me? With a Nerf dart? Pu-lease Demi, I think I can handle a Nerf dart to the head." I say and she cracks a smile at me. "I'm fine, like seriously! Who does that?! If I wanted to rob something I would go in with a real gun not a kid's gun! That's just stupid!" I laugh and Demi rolls her eyes at me, doesn't look as concern yet scared as she did before. She press a kiss to my forehead before standing up and checking on pimple boy.

"Are you okay? Oh." Demi asks him, going over the counter to check on pimple boy.

I was still laughing to myself as I stood up, I don't know I found this funny. Dusting myself off, I watch as Bea and Maddie run into the gas station.

"What happen?! We heard a bang!" They said in unison and I pointed at the lame robber on the floor, you know that's what I'm going to call him, Lame Ass Robber.

"Lame Ass Robber here tried to rob some money and threaten to kill me. Only for Demi to slide in front of me and try to stop him, so he pulled the trigger and all he shot was like a Nerf dart at Demi's head, I'm mean come on man if you want to rob something, get a real weapon. Demi knocked him out before he could try anything else. He's just oh my gosh," I say and laugh as I bend over.

They both let out a sigh of relief before Bea grabs her phone. "I'm gonna call the cops," She says and steps outside. Maddie goes behind the counter to Demi, who was trying to wake pimple boy up. Guess he fainted or something.

"Demi! Are you okay?" Maddie says as she went to hug Demi.

Sobering up from my laughing fit, I went and kick the robber with my shoe. Yep, still out.

"I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm okay baby girl, I ain't dead." Demi says and pats Maddie's head, hugging her.

"Well you were about to be! I thought you died!" Maddie says, clinging onto Demi's figure.

"Oh Jesus, I can't wait to tell my kids about this someday, it's gonna be one hell of a story." I say and walk out of the gas station with Demi and Maddie following me.

"How's pimple boy?" I ask Demi, who still had Maddie holding onto her.

She gives me a confuse look before realizing who I was talking about. "Oh, he probably pass out. I think he'll be okay." She says and I nod.

I watch as Bea gets off the phone and we saw red and blue headlights coming to us, blaring their sirens.

"Cops are here." Bea says, sighing.