chapter one

Miles

"Hey miles?" I heard my mother calling for me from downstairs. My gaze still fixed on my tv, fingers still pressing buttons furiously on my PlayStation controller, I called back to her.

"Yeah?!"

She doesn't respond, so thinking she didn't heard me, I tried again.

"Yeah mom?!" I yelled, my voice loud enough so she could hear me.

She doesn't respond again.

Growing annoyed and frustrated, I pause my street racing game and let the controller fall out of my hands and onto my white and purple bed sheet.

"MOM! WHAT DO YOU WANT?!" I screamed, but she doesn't answer.

I groan in annoyance, sitting back up on my bed and throwing my legs to the side before standing up.

Don't you ever get annoyed when your parents call for you yet you respond but they act like they didn't hear you when your screaming your head off like a little kid at a store that lollipop was stolen from some older kid and your force to go see what your parents want?

Yeah, that happens a lot and annoys the hell out of me.

Paddling my way across the wooden sleek floor, barefooted, I made my way to the stairs and jump on the railing before sliding down the stairs.

"Wee," I say under my breath, hoping off the railing before walking toward the living room where I knew my mother was at.

"Yeah mom? Couldn't you hear me? I was screaming bloody murder." I say as I walked in, finding her sitting on the couch with her tablet on her lap, thin rimmed glasses perched at the bridge of her nose as she looks over at me.

"Sorry, didn't heard you." She says and a scowl played on my lips at that, she giggles at me but motions me over.

Bullshit. I think you heard me loud and clear.

My mother is a beautiful woman, brown curls flutter down her shoulders, grey wide eyes that is always behind glasses, perfectly plucked eyebrows and soft, pink lips with a button for a nose. She had a slim figure, always go to the gym like twice a week and is a dentist at the local dentist office near home.

She's the only girl here who understands my needs other then my two brothers and father.

"Why did you oh so called my wonderful presence? I was in the middle of a hardcore car chase with the police on my ass." I ask, walking around the dark blue couch to her. I plop my ass next to her as she gives me a look for my choice of words but I smirk at her, she then smiles sheepishly at me.

"Scratch my back, I can't reach." She says and I quickly gasp, my eyes widening with disbelief as I look at her.

"What?! You want me to scratch your back and force me to come down here when I was about to lose the police! Why me and not Bennett or Theo?!" I say, throwing my hands in the air as she raises her brow at me.

"Becuase your not lazy like them and you actually come to me when I call you! And also, Bennett is working with your dad in the bathroom, fixing the sink after you broked it," I smirk at that. "and Theo is next door with his friend. Now scratch my back!" She says and I pursed my lips as she turns, her back facing me as I raised my hand and started to scratch her back quickly, making her skin red and burn.

"Ah! Miles, not too fast!" She says and I rolled my eyes before softly scratching her back. She sighs in content and turns back to me after I let my hand drop on my lap.

"Can I go back to my room now?" I whine, wanting to get back into my room but she shakes her head and chuckles softly at me.

"No, not yet. It's summer and all you are doing is play video games, annoy your brothers, joke around endlessly with me and break things so your father has to fix it. Why don't you get a job? Your 15, you already have your job permit and you don't have to be bored all day, you can do something that will keep you active for a couple of hours and win some cash." She tells me and I look at her like she was crazy.