chapter six

Miles

"Guys, I need someone to come with me to Home Depot." Dad tells us as he walks into the living room, keys in his hand as I sat with my brothers, watching Avatar with them.

"Nose goes!" Theo yells and quickly puts a finger to his nose, Bennett does the same and my eyes widened, my jaw drops as they look at me.

"You're going with dad!" Theo says and I glare at him before tilting my head back and looking at dad.

"Why do you need someone to come with you?" I ask and he pouts at me.

"Because I don't wanna go alone, now come on!" He says and I scoff, before sitting up and standing up. I glare at my brothers who snicker at me in unison. I flip them the bird before walking over to dad, slipping on my sandals and following him to his broken down beat up truck. I don't know why he doesn't sell the truck, he just loves it so much even if its broken down.

I got into the passenger seat, slamming the door shut behind me because its a little lose. Dad grins at me as the engine spats into life, the truck moving slightly before he drives out of the driveway and into the street.

"Home Depot is boring," I groan as I followed my dad into the giant orange warehouse store, he chuckles in front of me as we walk through the doors.

"Yeah for you, because there's only tools and plants in here, nothing for your entertainment." He says and I nodded, trailing after him as he walks to a aisle.

"It's for grown ups, I'm thankfully am not a grown up." I say and he shakes his head at me, stopping as he looks through the bathroom tools and stuff. I stood near him, looking around the aisle.

While dad look for the things he needed, I saw a man down the aisle look at us, before lifting a camera and snapping pictures of us. My eyebrows furrow together in confusion as more people join him, they started to walk toward us.

"Daddy, what are they doing?" I ask my dad, my hand quickly tugging on his shirt to get his attention. He looks up from some pipes and looks down the aisle, noticing the group coming at us.

"I don't know, but stay near me Miles." He says and I did, going quickly to his side as I felt a familiar emotion started to well up inside of me, fear.

"Hey! You're that girl that keeps going to Demi's house! Can you tell us why?" A man says, taking pictures of us with his camera.

"Uhm," I mutter, pressing my body to dad's side as he wraps an arm around my shoulders protectively. They kept shouting and saying things, asking who I was and what was my relationship with Demi. I ignore their questions, the fear starts to take over as they surrounded us.

"Da-Daddy," I whimper, my claustrophobic fear coming at me in waves and I started to panic. Sweat drools down my face as my breathing starts uneven, my eyes widened with fear as I paled. Dad quickly drops the things in his hands, grabbing my waist and pulling me closer to him.

"Excuse me, can you move? You all are scarring my daughter! Move! NOW!" Dad yells as I started to tremble uncontrollably, dad picks me up bridal style as I felt them try to grab me. Dad shoves his way out of the group, bringing me along with him as I curl into his chest, burying my face in the crook of his neck as I whimper. Fear rattle my insides as I hold onto my dad, he runs out of Home Depot with me in his arms and bringing me to the truck.

He locks the doors as he backs out of the parking lot, quickly going onto the main street as I cling onto the seat. I gulp, my hands trembling as they grip onto my seat, my eyes wide with fear and my skin sticky with sweat. Dad takes off a hand from the wheel to grab one of my hands, he squeezes my hand in reassurance as he looks over at me worryingly.