chapter seven

Demi

I took a sip of my beer, the familiar cold beverage stings my throat as I tilt my head back. A content sigh escapes my lips as I put my beer back down on top of my piano, song books scattered in front of me, my headphones dangling around my neck as I pick up my pen.

Miles looks around my music room, a broom in her hands as she looks for any spots that she has missed. It was Wednesday, a day after Miles getting crowded from the paparazzi. Actually, I already know what she had by clueing all the pieces together.

The vacant, dull look in her eyes, the shake of her shoulders, the heavy breathing, the amount of fear she radiate off her body, the tears soaking my robe, the crowd surrounding her. She's claustrophobic, that's as how close I could get to. I thought to myself, glancing over at my young maid as she plops herself down on the couch, out of breath.

I smile as she looks at all of the instruments with awe. Acoustic, electric, bass and other types of guitars hang on the walls neatly, the giant white piano sat in front of me while a red drum set sat on the other side of the room. On my right was two microphone stands, headphones dangling off of them with some music sheet stand in front of them. Behind Miles was the producing room, next to it the recording booth.

I love it, I could do anything I want, make up songs on my own or just jam out to sessions. It was completely sound proof.

I watch from the corner of my eye as I scribble some lyrics down, watching as she gets up and grabs a acoustic black guitar before sitting back down on the couch, resting her feet on the feet rest in front of her. Miles softly lays the guitar on her lap, one hand on the strings while the other holds the head of the acoustic guitar.

She starts to pluck the strings, and they came out sounding off. I grimace slightly as she keeps doing it, then her eyes look up at me and she gives me a sheepish smile. "I suck at it, right?" She says and I chuckle softly, letting go of my pen before standing up, pushing back my piano bench before grabbing my beer, taking one last sip of it before throwing it in the trash can.

I walk over to her, sitting down beside her closely, kicking my feet up on the feet rest before throwing my arm around her shoulder. I look at her with a smirk. "I think you made me go deaf for a minute there," I say and she laughs out loud, not even looking slightly hurt at what I said.

"Ugh, my god I'm just new at this. I never played guitar before," She tells me and I raise my brow at her.

"Want me to show you how?" I ask and she nods so I grab the guitar around her, my fingers plucking the strings as she watches. I show her some basic steps for a little while, until she got it.

"See?" I smiled, watching as she does a simple rhythm and leaning back, letting her take control of the guitar. "in no time, you'll be a pro." I say and she smiles, her eyes focusing on her fingers as she plucks the strings.

She stops playing, pressing her palm against the strings to stop it from echoing. She looks at me with a smile. "That's 'cause you're a good teacher." She tells me and I smile softly.

"That's 'cause you listen." I pointed out and she grins at me.

She hands me the guitar and I set it on my lap. I look at her as she looks at me expectedly, and I gave her a look before nodding my head as she grins. I knew what she was telling me, to sing her a song.

I started to strum the guitar, humming softly as I pick a song off my head. Here Comes The Sun by The Beatles came into my mind, and I started to sing it. "Here comes the sun, here comes the sun, and I say it's all right; Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter, Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here; Here comes the sun, here comes the sun, and I say it's all right; Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces; Little darling, its seems like years since it's been here; Here comes the sun, here comes the sun, and I say it's all right," I sang softly to her, moving my fingers swiftly as I finish the song.