epilogue

Miles

"Come on! It's my damn graduation!" I shouted, slamming my hands against the steering wheel and honking the horn.

I whine, looking at the traffic before me and behind. I was stuck on the highway, and I'm already late for my high school graduation.

And I can't be late, I'm valedictorian too, I have to say something!

I sigh, throwing myself back in my seat and glaring at all the cars around me.

"This can't be happening," I mutter to myself, cupping my face in my hands.

Ten more minutes and we didn't even move.

"That's it!" I yelled, grab my heels and my graduation gown before opening my car door, I step out barefooted and close the door before locking it.

I started to run down the cars, hearing people shout at me but I ignore them.

I have to get to school damn it.

Getting out of the highway, I bolt down the streets to my high school, getting weird looks as I did so.

I pause to a stop once I saw a kid with their bike. "Yo kid! Can I barrow your bike?! I'm late to my graduation!" I ask him and looked at him with desperate eyes.

The kid raises a brow at me. "And what's in it for me?" He asks me and my jaw drop.

"Seriously?! I'm about to be late to one of the major events of my life and you can't even help a girl out?! What do you want?!" I say, waving my hands around.

The kid shrugs, popping a lolly pop in his mouth. "Fifty." He says and I gape at him.

"Hell no! I don't have fifty on me! You know what?! Move!" I say and shove the kid away from his bike, I hop on it and started to pedal as quickly as I can, even as the kid shouts at me.

"I'll bring it back!" I yelled, waving my heels in the air.

Pedaling my way to school, I worked up a sweat as I go to the football field where the graduation was being held.

"Miles Russell? Last call for Miles!" I could hear the principal saying from the stage.

Waving my heels in the air, I yelled. "Right here!" And the graduation class and visitors laugh as I dump the bike and walk up the stadium.

I breathe heavily as I look at the principal with my diploma. "Do you have any water?" I ask them and he just looks at me weirdly.

"Water? Agua? Man I'm dying here! H2O!" I say and he nods before grabbing a water bottle and handing it to me.

"That's more like it, now hold this." I say and handed him my heels, he grab them.

"And this," I handed him my graduation gown.

"And this too," The crowd laughs as I handed him my stuff.

I just smiled at him before chugging down the water bottle.

After that, I handed the water bottle back to him before grabbing my heels from him. "Now just stand like that," I say, grabbing his shoulder while I slip on my heels. Then I grab my graduation gown from him and shrug that on too, I grab my hat from him and put it on my head.

"Okay," I smiled at him. "give me my diploma." I say and he sighs before handing me my diploma, shaking my hand.

"Here's your diploma Ms. Russell, now would you make a speech." He says and I nod, before going up to the podium and setting my diploma down.