chapter twenty

Miles

"Oh boss! I'm here to grace your mansion with my oh so wonderful presence!" I sang as I open Demi's door, grinning widely to myself.

"Basically I'm going to save you from boredom." I say and close the door behind me, the only response I got was laughter from the living room, only its sounds more than one person.

"Oh Miles! You're here!" Demi squeals with laughter as I walk into the living room, dropping my backpack on the floor.

She grins at me as she comes over to me and wraps her arm around me before pointing over at two girls around my age, they look awfully familiar.

"Miles, meet my baby sister, Madison De La Garza and her friend and also my little sister, Bea Miller." Demi introduce me to the girls, who got up from their seats and came over to us, my grin widens.

"Miles, this bitch's maid." I say as I shook their hands and motion to Demi with the flick of my head, only to have Demi slap the back of my head softly.

"Maddie," Madison says and shakes my hand, giving me a grin.

"Bea." Bea says and I shook her hand too, she smiles at me.

"Now that you guys know each other, can we get back to our movie?" Demi says and I follow them back to the couches.

"Which movie you guys watchin'?" I ask them and took a seat on the couch with Bea.

"Mean Girls." Maddie tells me as she takes a seat next to Demi, Demi wraps a arm around her and smiles.

"Never watch it." I say and they all gasp, looking at me with shock.

"What?" I ask and lean back, like I committed some crime by not watching a movie.

"How the hell have you not seen Mean Girls?! You're missing out girl!" Bea says, shoving my shoulder as I look at her.

"I have two brothers, that should explain it." I say and she scoffs before turning to Demi.

"Put it in the beginning, she's going to love it."

And I did, I couldn't stop laughing.

"Oh gosh that's an awesome movie," I say and they grin at me.

"Well, it's getting a bit late. What do you girls want to do now?" Demi says as she stands up, stretching her limbs.

"Let's go for a drive and just rock out to music," Maddie suggests, looking over at her sister.

"I'm down with that." Bea says and I smile at Demi.

"Count me in, whatcha say boss?" I say and she shrugs her shoulders, smiling at the three of us.

"Sure, lets go." Demi says and she grabs her keys, we squeal and follow her to her car.

"Shotgun!" I quickly shout as I ran to Demi's car, beating Maddie and Bea from getting front seat.

"Ah what? No fair! I wanted shotgun!" Maddie says and I stuck my tongue out at her as I open the door.

"Sucks for you," I say and she rolls her eyes at me. I got in shotgun and roll down the window as Demi turns on the car, Maddie and Bea getting in the back seat.

We spent the afternoon and half of the night blasting the radio and singing along and dancing in our seats, having the best time.

"Agh, I'm running low on gas. Do you guys want anything?" Demi says after driving around, already midnight as she pulls into a gas station.

"Get me some Sneakers," Bea says as she leans forward.

"I'll have a Pepsi," Maddie says and Demi nods before turning to me.

"What about you kid?" She asks me and I shrug as she takes off her seatbelt.

"Dunno, I'll go with you and see." I say and she nods as I open the door and got out. Demi turns in her seat and points at Maddie and Bea.

"We'll be right back, don't get out of the car, ya hear me?" She gave them a stern look as I close the door.

"Got it!" They say and nodded. So Demi gets out of the car and I follow her inside the gas station.

"Go grab what the girls want and get yourself something okay?" Demi tells me and I nodded as I made my way to the drinks aisle.

"Sure." I say and she goes to grab some chips.

Grabbing Maddie's Pepsi, I then went and grab a Sneaker for Bea then some Hot Cheetos for me. I walk over to the counter and put my items on the counter, looking over at the dude behind the cash register who didn't look much older than eighteen and had a ache problem.

"I'll have this and a twenty on number six." I say and pointed over to Demi's car. He nods and starts to check out my items.

I look back for Demi and found her grabbing some ice cream. My attention was shift to a guy walking into the gas station, wearing all black and a hoodie.

My eyes narrow at him suspiciously.

He walks over to me and suddenly shoves me to the floor, pulling out a pistol.

"Holy crap." I swore as I fell on my ass and push myself away from him as he points the gun to pimple boy.

"Give me your money! Now!" He roars at him, and fear crawled up my body as my back hits the counter filled with candy.

My eyes quickly search for Demi, and I found her on all fours, her eyes on me as she hid behind a aisle, crawling over to me slowly.

I look at her panicky and terrified, she puts a finger to her lips to tell me to be quiet. I nodded, even though I was scared as hell.

"Now! Hurry up! I don't got all night!" The robber yells, pointing the gun to the bag he was holding.

Pimple boy was also shaking with fear, dropping the money with shaking hands and making a mess.

"Boy if you don't hurry up, I will kill this girl!" Robber says and points the gun over to me, my eyes widen if more.

I squeak. I glance over at Demi and saw she was much closer, she quickly slides in front of me and holds up a hand to the robber, hiding my body from his sight as she covers my body with hers.

"Woah, dude, put the gun down, no need to kill anybody tonight." Demi says, looking up at him as the robber turns to us, gun now pointed at Demi's head.

"Shut up bitch, I'll kill whoever gets in my way! Put the damn money in the bag boy!" Robber says and then points the gun to pimple boy.

"Woah! Hold up! If you want to kill anybody, kill me then. They're just kids damn it, where's your fucking humanity? Threatening to kill a little girl's life? She's innocent, and so is he. Now put the gun down." Demi says and my fingers clench onto her shirt, I bury my face into her back as I shook with terror.

"No," Is what I hear him say before a loud bang rung out.

He pulled the trigger.