Chapter 2

The next morning, I got up and walked into our my sky blue coloured bathroom. I looked at my reflection in the seashell covered mirror. I yawned as I threw my long brown hair into a messy bun. I brushed my teeth and looked out the small window behind me. There was my beautiful ocean. I smiled. It was my favourite thing to do, swim in that ocean.
"Avery!"my Mom yelled from downstairs. "Breakfast!"

I spit out the toothpaste and ran down stairs. The smell of bacon filled my nostrils.
Alex was sipping a cup of orange juice at our counter. I sat down on one of the bar stools and poured myself a glass.
"Sunny side up?"Mom asked me.
"Yes please!"I said as I grabbed my phone and juice into the living room.
"No juice on the couch."my Mom said. I swear she's got eyes at the back of her head. Except her head was down, focused on the eggs she was cooking.
I sighed and gulped my juice down.
"There. No more juice on the couch." I said.
Alex laughed as my Mom shook her head with a grin.
"I'm going to the island," I said. "Are you coming?"I asked my sister.
"Nah, I'm heading over to Kasey's this afternoon," she said.

I wolfed down my breakfast and dashed upstairs. On my dresser laid my aquamarine bikini and a blue scrunchy I picked out last night. I threw my bikini on and fixed up my bun as well as finishing the look off with my scrunchy.

And off to the ocean I went.