Chapter 17

"ANSWER YOUR PHONE ITS JENESSA." I sat straight up, startled my the strange noise.
"ANSWER YOU PHONE ITS JENESSA." Realizing it was just a stupid ringtone Jen had downloaded onto my phone, I sighed with relief.
My phone buzzed until I pulled my comfy sheets off and ran to my dresser.
"Hello?"I croaked.
"Avery? Are you Ok? You sound different!"Jenessa spoke on the other line.
"Yeah, I just woke up."I said after clearing my throat.
"You were sleeping until 4:30pm?!"she asked.
"No, I- I had this thing with Harley and I went to bed late-"she cut me off.
"What?! You went on a date with Harley?!??"she screamed into the phone.
"What?! She went on a date with Harley?!"I heard Talia shout in the background.
"I give you guys all the details later. So what did you want J?"I asked.
"Oh! Yeah! I told Talia about the deal."
Jenessa and I made a deal. We would get back home, but it had to be at the same time. We decided it would take place in a few weeks.
"Great. She agreed?" I asked.
"Of course!"she said.
We exchanged goodbyes and and I decided to take a shower.

After I was fresh and clean, I applied a layer of mascara and used my EOS lipbalm.
I dashed down the stairs to see Diana and Jeffery, formally dressed.
"Oh, Avery! I don't want you to feel obligated to do this, but I was wondering if you could watch Charlie for about an hour or so? Me and Jeff wanted to go out for dinner. If not, I could just ask a babysitter."she said.
"Oh of course!" I said.
"Great! Thanks! We will be leaving soon. I'll just have to say goodbye to Charlie. Charlotte, honey! Mommy and Daddy are leaving now! Come say bye!"she yelled.
Charlotte ran upstairs in a flash.
"Bye mommy! Bye daddy!" She hugged both of their stomachs.
"Goodnight, Pumpkin."Jeffery said as he ruffled Charlottes curly hair.
He also nodded at me before he left, and Diana waved goodbye and blew kisses to the both of us.

They left without another word.
I don't know how Diana got Jeffery to trust me to babysit their daughter, when I distinctively remember him saying that I cannot be trusted.

"OK! Now we can play! I maked  I list  for us to play, because I was so excited that mommy told me you sayed you'd babysit me!!"she bounced. I laughed in my head at her grammar skills.
She took out a price of paper with little child's writing.
1. Play Barbie
2.make tea partys
3.talant show
4.pillow fite
5.sleepover!!!
Oh my. This was gonna be a long night.