Chapter 16

I woke up with an aching back. I yawned and stretched as everything that happened last night came back to me.
I only drank a few sips of wine, I drink responsibly, which is important for my age, and Harley did too.
We ate some cheese, veggies and muffins.
"So what do your parents do?"I asked.
"My dad works in construction,"he replied.
"And your mom?"
"She died. 2 years ago."
"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!"I said.
"It wasn't your fault,"he said."No need to be sorry."
I felt so bad for him. The sore subject switched fairly quickly and we were back to laughing again.

He saved the chocolates for later, when it got darker. When it did, he pulled out a couple of pillows from his bag and set them out. We laid on the picnic blanket, looking at the stars. We talked for hours. It was probably 12:00am when I dozed off.

Now I laid awake. I looked to my side and saw Harley, quietly snoring. I sat up, balancing myself on my hands behind me. Our not-even-half-empty bottle of wine was leaning beside our picnic basket and   backpacks. The food was all packed away inside the basket.
Harley had somehow fit a comforter inside of his backpack and had put it on the both of us when it got cold.
I checked my phone for the time.
9:00am. Diana was probably worried.
I grabbed my backpack and phone. Before I left, not wanting to wake Harley, I texted his phone:
'Thanks for the awesome night. Sorry I had to leave. See ya ;)'
And I drove back home.

"Avery! God!"was the first thing I heard when I walked through the door.
Diana sat at the barstool, rushing over to me.
"I was so worried!"she said as she grasped me in a long hug.
"I'm so sorry! I had unexpected plans! I totally forgot to text you!"I pleaded.
Jeffery sat at the island sipping coffee. He had a blank stare towards us.
"Well, at least now you're here."
She let go of the long hug and smiled.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I didn't really know how to end this chapter, so forgive me if it doesn't seem long enough 😁
Luv u guys :)
-Ally :3