Chapter 8

"Who are you?"a small girl approached me as I sat at the small table.
"Uh,"I didn't know what to say. But before I could speak, she interrupted me.
"Where's Mommy?"she asked.
"Uh, she's gone to the store. She'll be back though," I said. I guessed this was Diana's daughter. She wore a little pink sundress and her wavy blond hair fell from her shoulders.
I don't have much experience with little girls except for my sister. But you probably shouldn't be going around pulling a bunch of 8 year old girls' hair. I used to fight with Alex all the time until we got a little older and distanced ourselves from each other.

The little girl pouted. "But-but....I...want..Mommy!"she sobbed.
I immediately panicked. I wasn't sure what to do in this situation.
"Um, don't worry, she'll be back real soon!" I said. I walked over to her and crouched down.
She slowed her crying to take a good look at me.
"What's your name?"I asked.
"Charlotte,"she answered.
"Come on Charlotte. Lets go look for your Mommy,"I said. I didn't know what I was getting myself into, but she followed me out of the trailer.
We walked down the path I assumed was the way to the store, and after passing several trailers, we found a store called "Fresh Mart".
"Is Mommy in there?"Charlotte asked.
"I think so, but we better just stay out here so she can find us easily, okay?" I said.
We sat down on a park bench.
"What's your name?"she asked me.
"I'm Avery," I said.
"Are you Mommy's friend?"
"Uh, ya. I guess you could say that."
"How old are you?"she asked again.
"17,"I answered.
"What's your favourite colour?"she asked again.
"Um...blue."

I wasn't exactly sure why this kid was giving me a full out interrogation, but it was starting to creep me out.

She opened her mouth to ask another question but before she spoke, her eyes snapped towards the store's doors.
"MOMMY!"she screamed as she jumped off the bench and ran with all her might towards Diana, who was walking down the path to her trailer.
Diana turned towards her daughter and gave her a great big hug. "Oh sweety, I'm sorry for not telling you I was leaving. Oh! So you've met Avery!"she said, as she kindly glanced towards me, as I awkwardly walked towards them.
"Yes! Charlotte seems like a very sweet girl," I said.
Charlotte smiled at me and continued stuffing her head in the mothers stomach.
"Okay, okay, Charlie,"Diana said, pulling away from her daughter with a smile. "How about you run back to the trailer and I'll meet up with you, okay?"she asked.
"Ok, Mama!" She said. Charlotte ran down the path.

"What do you think?" Diana asked as we walked down the path.
"I think...I'll stay with you, as long as it's not too much work for you. You and you daughter seem very sweet, and I'd love to stay with you guys until I get my life back in order."
I continued the walk down the path alongside Diana, Wondering if it was the right thing to do. I needed somewhere to stay until I figured out how in the world to get home.

The only thing I was very unsure of about my decision was, what the dad was like.

Love in a Different World|COMPLETEDजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें