That's when I looked around me, finding Harry to my left, his body hanging from the chains like mine was. His head was down against his chest, he hadn't woken up yet.

"Harry!" I yelled with panic clear in my voice, watching as he lifted his head in one swift motion, his eyes widening as he woke up and took in his current predicament and his surroundings.

When his eyes met mine I could see the fear in them that i'm sure mine held. I don't believe in the two years of knowing Harry I had ever seen him this scared.

"Emma!" He exclaimed as he pulled up on the chains, his feet raising up an inch or two more.

He looked down at his feet, seeing he was off the ground too and a furious growl left his lips.

The green in his eyes was all but gone, a darkness like I had never seen before taking them over. He was terrified... but I think how terrified the situation made him also angered him, because Harry and I both knew there was no getting out of this one.

There would be no secret service agent take down. There were no skylights for Harry to drop through or guns for him to shoot... he couldn't even use his hands... we were totally fucked.

"God damn it!" He shouted as he yanked on the chains again.

I winced at the volume of his voice echoing off the concrete walls.

My eyes glanced down to my stomach. I wasn't showing, and from what I had researched I wouldn't show for awhile, but I knew the reality of my situation. I was probably going to die soon...and if I died, this baby would too.

This thought brought tears to my eyes.

I would never get to meet my child.

I would never get to hold them in my arms, or see their face or hear their voice...

I wouldn't even get to name them...

A sob slipped past my lips, but was barely audible when put up against Harry's cursing at the chains literally holding him back.

I had almost told him back in the cell, it was on the tip of my tongue... but I couldn't do it. I couldn't have his last moments on earth be ones where he hated me. Maybe it would be better this way, if he never knew.

Maybe that was selfish of me... but so be it.

"Emma."

I lifted my head at the sound of my name and noticed that Harry was no longer glaring a hole into the metal cuffs around his wrists, and instead he was looking at me with the most heartbreaking look in his eyes.

"Emma... please don't cry... i'm going to get us out of here. I promise, I-"

"How?" I asked him.

"I..." He began but faltered... "I don't know."

Tears continued to stream down my cheeks, blurring my vision.

"I don't want to suffer. If they kill me I want it to be quick. I don't want to feel any pain."

I didn't expect my admission to evoke the reaction from Harry that it did.

His eyes went wide, and held an expression of pain in them that I hadn't seen before. His nostrils flared and his jaw dropped, and I could hear the sound of him gasping air through his lips.

He was finally coming to the realisation that I had come to weeks ago. The RR were not
going to stop until they got what they wanted, which for whatever convoluted reason, was me. He was not realising that this was it. Our time was up, and we were going to die. He was going to die. I was going to die. Our time had come.