11

The rest of my weekend in D.C. had been tolerable.

Harry had avoided me at all costs which I was thankful for, but I ran into him a couple times on accident.

In those instances he awkwardly moved out of my way as I bulldozed past him with an attitude that said I was not to be messed with.

Sunday afternoon we left D.C. so we'd have enough time to get back and I could prepare for  my math quiz the next day.

The whole week with Harry was silent.

I had been texting Travis ever since I got back and he was planning things for us to do once Harry decided my being grounded was over.

The only time we ever spoke was when one of us asked the other what we wanted for lunch or dinner.

Class was horrible because he had to sit next to me and I refused to acknowledge his existence without good cause.

So Friday afternoon after my last class I lounged on the sofa with a bowl of popcorn and The Office on the television.

Harry was in his room avoiding me and I did not mind at all.

I was intending on having a lazy evening since I had finished my homework already, so when there was a quiet knock on our door I became confused.

I walked back to Harry's room and knocked on his door, and moments later he opened it.

He raised his eyebrow as if asking me "what?".

"Someone's knocking on the door." I said.

"Did you invite someone over?" He asked and I shook my head. "Go to your room; i'll answer the door."

I didn't argue and walked back to my bedroom
while Harry went to answer the door.

I could hear the door open and then his voice.

"Uh, who are you?"

I couldn't hear anyone reply.

"Are you lost or something? Is your sister on this hall? She is? I'm sorry but Emma doesn't have a sister."

I whipped open the door to see Harry standing there and before him was my three year old cousin Mila, her light brown hair braided over one shoulder as she wore a bright pink and white striped dress. Her blue eyes were furrowed and her little lips pulled into a pout.

"Mila!" I grinned and she gasped before running towards me.

Harry looked back at us in confusion as the child wrapped herself in my embrace.

"Wemmy!"

"Mils! What are you doing here?" I kissed her cheek.

"We thought we'd surprise you."

I heard the voice of my Grandmother from the door and looked up to see Harry jerk back in surprise, having not noticed her there.

"Sorry young man, didn't mean to frighten Emma's new boyfriend." She winked.

"No!" I shouted before that could go any further. "Gran this is Harry, my live in body guard. Uh Harry, this is my Gran."