93

happy update!

long wait and short chapter, I know

but the good news is....ILL BE DOUBLE UPDATING THIS WEEK!!

The next update will be up on (or before) friday night!!

this is the first time i've ever promised an update at a specific time but i promise to keep it!

this is a sad update but i hope you enjoy it nonetheless...

They told me that there had been an accident with the mission.

Something they couldn't have known was going to happen.

They did not have many details, but all I knew was that Harry's group had been ambushed, and he was unaccounted for.

He was missing.

I didn't remember much of the night I had been told that Harry was missing, but I did remember Jamie hugging me as I sobbed uncontrollably.

I remembered a blurry car ride to the White House and a memory of my mom taking a sleeping Mila from Jamie's arms while my father placed his hand on my shoulder and led me to his office where the head of Homeland Security, the Chief of Staff, VP, Secretary of State, National Security Advisor and the GA.

They sat me down to give me more details.

Their helicopter had been shot down. When it crash landed, they were ambushed on the ground. They were able to fend off their attackers, but when the fight ended, Harry was no longer there.

A separate group went to search for him while the original team had to complete their mission.

So far, there was no sign of Harry.

They told me that best case scenario, he was being held hostage... worst case scenario- he was already dead.

I then cried myself to sleep in my fathers lap on one of the couches in the Oval Office.

The days after had been just as tear filled and stressful.

After hourly visits from my father's officials with no new information, I told them not to come back unless they had something.

So far, it had been two days without any information.

I didn't understand.

How could he just disappear?

How could no one have seen where he went?

They told me that in the scuffle of the fight it was too hard to keep track and the connection to the U.S. drones overhead had been lost when the chopper crashed.

But still...I didn't understand.

Now it was a waiting game.

A waiting game...

•••

Do you ever experience that feeling, the one where everything around you is going insane, but you somehow manage to pause and be in the silence? Amidst the chaos, you're calm?

That's what I felt.

Calm.

But it wasn't a peaceful calm.

It was a forced calm.

Like someone had injected a sedative into my arm...calm.

More than a week had passed since I had been notified of Harry's disappearance.