twenty four: talk to me

Hi! This took so long to write for some reason. I re-wrote it a million times and again, I'm not entirely happy with it even now. I didn't want to keep you amazing people waiting for too long though so here you go! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thank you for reading :)

══════════════════

══════════════════

December 20
Aira's

I opened my eyes slowly, stretching on the soft surface. Before I could fully extend my arm, it stabbed at a hard surface, startling me. I whipped my head to the side and stared wide eyed at the Vice President who was laying down beside me. Our noses touched lightly. He was already glaring at me for poking his chest.

"Pervert," He said, resting his head on his arm.

I quickly sat up and backed away from him on the small bed. "Y-you! Why the hell are you so close?!"

He gaped at me, also sitting up. "Why am I so close? Are you serious?" Jungkook scoffed. "You're the one who kept clinging onto me like a stupid leech,"

There's the Jungkook I know.

I gave him a dirty look while I processed everything.

Ah yes, I almost died but didn't because the man that I think is responsible for my brother's disappearance saved me.

I realized that maybe I did cling onto him. I was the one who asked him to stay with me after all.

How embarrassing.

I smiled sheepishly, clearing my throat as I looked at him sitting casually. "What time is it? How long did I sleep for?"

"It's 10pm," He answered.

I widened my eyes. "What?! I slept the whole day?"

"Well, yeah. That's good though. You needed the rest," Jungkook said with a tired voice.

"W-were you with me the whole time?" I asked almost timidly.

He stared at me with a neutral facial expression. "Yes, princess, I was." He replied, laying back down and looking up at the ceiling. It was slightly comforting to hear the sarcasm back in his voice as he said "princess".

I bit my lip, my gaze falling on the sharp line of his jawline. Why did my stomach do that weird fluttering thing? That's not good. I cleared my throat and leaned on the headboard of the small bed. My left leg pressed against the right side of his body, his head just lined up with my thigh. I looked down at him quietly. His eyes were closed.

"You keep staring at me," He said, eyes still closed.

I averted my gaze, body jerking slightly. "I wasn't staring," I muttered.