thirteen: partner

I haven't updated this in so long😭 I love this story but i've just been busy with coming to the end of "My Teacher". If you haven't read that yet... wink wink nudge nudge.

I hope you enjoy this chapter 🤍

══════════════════

══════════════════

December 15
Aira's

For what seemed as long as an eternity, I hadn't seen or contacted Jungkook. In reality, it'd only been two days since the day we kissed. Every time the heart fluttering moment flashed in my brain, a wave of regret followed. How could I have been so dumb to kiss someone I knew so little about? What the heck happened to the resent i've felt for him since the first day I ever met him back in high school? I was stupid for kissing someone who knew more than he led on about my brother's disappearance.

I tried my best to block the recent memory from my head, distracting myself with other things. I spent a fair amount of time going over everything I knew about the case but made no new discoveries. It really did seem like he just.. vanished.

As I sat on the couch with my legs propped up on the coffee table, my phone began ringing, grabbing my attention from the T.V.

"Hello?" I put the phone my ear without checking the caller ID.

"Why hello, baby sis," Taehyung answered, making me become much more alert. I could practically hear a smirk in his voice.

"Don't call me that. What do you want?" I scoffed, feeling a chill run down my back.

"Let's talk..."
"About your dear brother." He added.

"To be quite frank, I don't trust you and I don't have a reason to," I told him honestly.

"Oh but you trust vice president Jeon?" He questioned.

"What— no..." The mentioning of his name caught me off guard.

"Well isn't he the reason why you don't trust me?"

"No. I don't trust you because I don't know you." I insisted, trying to convince myself of that.

"Let's fix that. Come downstairs." He said.

"Wait, what?" I furrowed my eyebrows, quickly running to my window. I looked down at the street and saw Taehyung leaning on his car in a relaxed manner, with his phone to his ear. He looked up at me and winked.

"How the hell do you know where I live?!" I gasped, large eyes still on the smiling man.

"I'll explain. Just come downstairs." He coaxed before taking the phone away from his ear.