thirty nine: crooked

══════════════════

══════════════════

January 29
Aira's

Nearly overflowing with uncertainty, frustration and fear, I walked into the neat guest bedroom with a bag of my clothing. Once I closed the door behind me, I felt like I could finally let it all go. I leaned against the door with closed eyes a heavy sigh leaving my mouth. How did my life even get to that point? It was almost funny in a twisted, dark way.

To get it all off my mind, I started to unpack my clothing and place it in the empty closet. My mission was to completely avoid thinking about anything too deeply because I definitely would have cried my tired eyes out if I did.

I tore off my shirt and began shuffling through my shirts to find one to wear. Before I could find the right shirt, the door swung open and Jungkook who was now wearing a suit with his hair sitting flawlessly on his head was standing at the doorway. I looked at him, choosing to stay as I was. Maybe he'd feel something. Maybe he'd show me some sort of an emotion.

For a split second, his eyes shifted down to my grey bra but his expression was indifferent. His eyes came back to mine before he spoke.

"I'm going to Yugn," he said. "Don't leave,"

He wasn't at all fazed by my lack of clothing. It was embarrassing. I swallowed, looking away and putting a random shirt on.

"Knock next time," I said, sitting down on the bed and not looking at him.

"I'll be back late," he said lowly before closing the door and leaving.

My shoulders sank and I released the breath I was unknowingly holding. I buried my head in my knees as my nose stung with the threat of a breakdown. Again, it felt like the world was crashing down on me.

How does one take the fact that their ex-friend and his friends are out to kill them? And how about everything with Jungkook? It hurt.

So, I finally allowed myself to cry about it all instead of putting up a front. I wasn't okay. I was far from okay with all of this going on. Despite everything, I wanted to hug Jungkook and seek comfort in his arms one more time but even while being in his home, I couldn't do that.

He was close but yet, he was cruelly far.

Tears still dripping down my cheeks, I crept out of the room and walked into the room beside it. Jungkook's room was just as I had remembered it to be. It was organized and clean and if it weren't for the lingering scent of him, one would think that nobody lives in the room.

I curled up on his bed, hugging his blanket tightly to my chest. His familiar scent was the best form of comfort I could get as I broke down. I'd just stay there for a few minutes and then go back to my room, leaving no traces. The tears that wet his sheets would dry by the time he got back.