nineteen: skating

ghost readers
are not appreciated

══════════════════

══════════════════

December 19
Aira's

The large outdoor ice skating rink was bustling with happy skaters of all ages. Around the entire area including the food and beverage trucks, twinkle lights were hung above our heads like stars. Filling the cold air was upbeat music accompanied by the laughter and chatter of the skaters. Anywhere I looked, I'd see a smiling face.

Me however, I was a wreck. When I told Jungkook I don't know how to skate, I wasn't lying. It wasn't just a made up fact about me to make myself seem cute and helpless or whatever— it was the truth.

Of course, perfect little Ha-Yoon entered the ice rink with minimal effort, making an unnecessary twirl that made Byung clap for her. Byung followed, also great on his ice skates. Next, with his skates on, Jungkook stepped in and of course he seemed to have no flaws (other than his shitty and rude personality) so, he had no troubles with balancing or moving.

The three of them stared at me expectantly as I stood on the special material of the ground with my rented skates on. I was practically sweating buckets despite the cold weather. My hands were gripping the sides of the rink as I teetered in the entrance gap.

"Come on," Jungkook said seemingly nicely but it was obvious to me that he was annoyed by my lack of speed.

My helpless eyes met his as I attempted to telepathically send him help signals. It was my very first time skating ever which made it all more scarier. I had too much pride to verbally ask him for help so, I was immensely thankful when something shifted in his eyes. He realized that me not knowing how to skate wasn't a lie and let out a low chuckle.

The vice pres extended his arm out for me to hold onto which I gladly did. I gripped on his arm tightly, sucking in a breath of the cold air as I stepped into the ice rink.

The moment my second skate was on the ice, I started slipping and panicking, holding onto him as if my life depended on it.

"AHH!" I cried out as I struggled to keep myself standing still.

Taken off guard, Jungkook was startled by my vigorous flopping and lost his balance with me since I was pulling on his arm roughly in efforts to save myself. Just like that, the two of us fell on the ice, him unwillingly breaking my fall. Ha-Yoon and Byung started laughing hysterically at the chaos.

"Are you guys okay?!" Byung asked between laughs.

"Yeah..." I groaned.

In embarrassment, I buried my burning face in Jungkook's chest.