thirty three: company vote

══════════════════

══════════════════

January 4
Aira's

"It's today." I said, voice trembling a little thanks to my nerves.

Two hands landed on my shoulders and squeezed lightly to comfort me.

"It'll work out," Jimin reassured me with a soft look on his face.

I gave him a defeated look, releasing a breath. "Was any of this even a good idea?" I groaned, second guessing my whole scheme.

His eyebrows furrowed immediately. "What? Why wouldn't it be?"

"W-well I don't know, isn't it kind of mean?" I squeaked, suddenly shrinking.

"You... feel bad for him?" Jimin narrowed his eyes and his voice rang with accusation.

"No, it's not that." I denied immediately though it was true. "I just think that it's kind of wrong for me to prevent him from getting the position without actual proof of his... wrongdoings."

"Look, you might not have solid proof yet but isn't it obvious that he's got skeletons in his closet? Rich people hide it better anyway. We established the act that he's a bad person remember? "

He's not that bad.

"What skeletons could he possibly have in his closet?" I asked naively.

Jimin paused, jaw clenching like he wanted to say something but forced it back down. "Listen, you're just keeping him from the position temporarily. Think of it as buying us time."

"Fine," I sighed, guilt weighing my heart down.

"He's gonna be there right? Do you know where?"

I nodded. "Yeah, it's being held in the main meeting room. I'm not gonna be in there, i'll wait outside the room. Hopefully I don't bump into Jungkook..."

"Don't worry about him, you got this." Jimin's plump lips curved into a comforting smile.

[❈]

My heels clicked against the cold marble floors of Yugn as my pony tail swayed along with my hips. I walked as confidently as possible, chin up and shoulders rolled back. To help me feel more confident, I wore a bit of make up and even dressed nicer than usual. I was wearing a flowy white blouse paired with a tight pencil skirt that hugged my hips almost perfectly.  Though there was no real reason for me to be there on that day, I still went in order to hear the results of the election immediately rather than later.

When I arrived at a sitting area near the main meeting room, I watched from afar as familiar shareholders entered the room. As if I was the one up for the position, I felt nervous. I nibbled on my lower lip as my eyes secretly scanned for the eyes of the man of the hour.