thirty six: knuckles

══════════════════

══════════════════

January 5
Aira's

I let out a breath, staring at him with his hands still connected to mine.

"This happened because of me, right?"

I felt so bad that my heart ached for him. It's not that I was suddenly soft for him it's just— I don't know. I felt guilty for seeing him as somebody capable of terrible things. He isn't terrible, he was just trying to help Namjoon.

Jungkook watched me silently as I brought his hand to my lips and planted a soft, tender kiss on the red of his knuckle. His breath hitched almost imperceptibly but I noticed it and kissed the other hand.

"I owe you an apology," I said, gaze meeting his.
"I-I'm sorry for everything." I brought his hand to my cheek and rubbed against it gently.

Again, he didn't answer.

"I know you were just helping my brother now. I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions and accusing you of terrible thi-" the rest of my sentence jumbled into his mouth as he pulled me close by pushing the small of my back and joined our lips.

My eyes enlarged before I let myself melt into the kiss and closed my eyes. I wrapped my arms loosely around his shoulders, hands lightly buried in his black hair. Jungkook's large hands crept inside my sweater and rested on the hot skin underneath. His hands were cold on my bare waist.

The kiss was slow and deep, it was passionate. I could tell from the way he kept tugging me closer even though I was as close as I could possibly get that he wasn't seeking just sex. He wanted comfort, warmth and safety.

There was something bothering him and I wish he'd tell me but, if not, I wanted to at least comfort him. I pulled out of the kiss slowly, shortly pecking his lips before placing soft kisses on his jaw, slowly. I moved down to his neck, warming his cool skin with the heat of my kisses.

"Aira," he mumbled, swallowing.

I smiled slightly, burying my face in the crook of his neck, pressing my chest against his. His breathing was soft but inconsistent as his head tilted and his hands travelled up the bare skin under my sweater. When his hands touched my breasts and his fingers swirled around the two peaks in the middle, hardening them, I parted my lips. A soft gasp escaped between my opened lips as he squeezed lightly.

I tugged his hair, pulling his face close to mine to allow our lips a reunion.

"We shouldn't... not again," he whispered.