forty: the whole truth

══════════════════

══════════════════

January 30

Aira's

Sitting down on the couch in front of an angry-looking Jungkook, I picked at the imaginary lint on the blanket over my legs to avoid looking at his face. He had just gotten back from the office and he wasn't too psyched about the news he received from  the security guard downstairs.

"I explicitly told you not to go out,"

"The coffee shop is so close, I didn't think it would be an issue," I said quietly.

"You could have gotten hurt," he sighed, clearly annoyed. "Do you know how much your brother worries about you?"

Don't you worry about me too?

"I didn't think Taehyung would be there," I mumbled.

"Are you an idiot? I clearly told you that you're a target," he hissed.

My eyes shot up at him. "Don't call me an idiot,"

The fiery blaze in his black eyes drilled a hole in mine. "Why not?" he asked, standing up.

I stood up too, offended. "Because i'm not one, you ass!"

"I'm an ass?" he scoffed, taking a step closer.

"You've always been an ass."

"And you've always been a pain in the ass," he said back, voice deep and serious.

Always?

My hard facial expression wavered for a moment but I straightened my spine again, staring into his eyes with determination to win this argument.

"Well, you know what Jungkook? No one told you to get involved with me. No one told you to run after me when I'm in trouble." I said, hands balled into fists. We were close now. Too close.

"Yeah, you're right. It was all a waste of my time anyway," Jungkook said.

Are you f*cking serious?

My heart tore and I looked at him incredulously. "A waste of time? Leading me on was a waste of your time? Then why did you do it?!" I pushed his chest angrily, hurt by his words.

He stumbled back one step before regaining his balance. Dark pupils stared at me, hardened with no expression.

"Felt bad for you," he said with a slight shrug but for a moment it almost looked like he didn't mean to say that from the look in his eyes.

I scoffed at him, an incredulous chuckle leaving between my lips. "I really f*cking hate you." I shoved him harder and stormed into the guest room.