three: interrogation

Vote and comment !!

══════════════════

══════════════════

November 26
Aira's

After my interrupted slumber from the night before, I fluttered my eyes open slowly. The view of the city from the large window was enjoyable but I would've enjoyed it better if maybe I knew whether my brother was alive or not. The feeling of uneasiness never did leave me that day.

To add to the uneasiness, the sheets still smelled like the vice president of the company, Jungkook, who so kindly let me spend the night. He makes me feel strangely uncomfortable. To put it simply, I didn't like him. Never did. Kindness from him just seemed out of character.

I creeped out of the bed and put my shirt back on. I walked around the apartment a little with my index finger dragging on the furniture again. The minimalistic interior was calming in a way.

My eyes landed on a door just across from the room I had slept it. Curiously, I swung the door open just to see what it held.

Inside was a large desk with a computer and papers neatly placed on it.

Ah this must be his home office.

It felt wrong to go inside but he wouldn't ever know. He wasn't home anyway. I sat down on the large office chair and looked at the computer screen. The wallpaper was just simply the default and the applications were neatly organized.

There was one framed picture on his desk. I picked it up to get a closer look. A gentle smile grew on my lips as I looked at the picture of my brother and Jungkook, shaking hands and like always, dressed in suits. My brother had a wide smile while, as expected, Jungkook wore a subtle smile with just the corners of his mouth curled up.

I smiled at my brother's face, my thumb running over it slowly.

I placed the picture down where it was originally and leaned back into the chair with a sigh. How could there be no information at all about what happened to him? Jungkook must know something...

I stared at the neat stack of papers and files and hesitantly began to shuffle through them. I have the right to know what really happened! Unfortunately, they were all just normal business reports and what not. I let out an annoyed breath.

Next, I opened a wide drawer. It was pretty empty with just a fountain pen, a container for glasses and some scissors. It frustrated me that his office was so normal. Nothing strange.

I tried opening the drawer on the left but to my surprise it was firm in place. "Locked..." I mumbled.

Why was this one locked but none of the others? What could he possibly be hiding in there?