twenty eight: everything

══════════════════

══════════════════

December 25
Aira's

"Aira! You look amazing! Merry Christmas." exclaimed an old friend of my brother. The complimenter herself looked beautiful in her pretty champagne coloured gown.

"Merry Christmas, you look amazing as well," I smiled as I complimented her back.

"Why thank you," Suzi fluttered her thick eyelashes playfully before suddenly leaning in closer with curious eyes.

"Hey... is it true that your date is Vice President Jeon?" she asked lowly but eagerly.

I released a breath, slightly irritated just at the mentioning of that conniving asshole. I opened my mouth to deny but as if by cue, the devil himself suddenly appeared on my left with a drink in between his slender fingers. Suzi immediately leaned back and stood at an appropriate distance again with a tranquil smile.

"Merry Christmas, Mr. Jeon." She smiled, secretly smirking. I restrained myself from pushing him away and instead resorted to taking one discreet step away from him.

"Merry Christmas to you too, Mrs. Choi." Jungkook said, glancing down at me.

I didn't even try to hide my annoyed face. Why should I? I didn't owe him shit.

"Please excuse us," He said politely before gently placing his flat palm on the small of my bare back and taking me to an empty spot by another large Christmas tree.

"You don't have to keep pretending like you aren't elated to be my date," he said lowly, with a smile so that anybody walking by would just assume we were having a nice little conversation.

I smacked his hand away and took a step back. "How long are you gonna keep up this act?" I scoffed.

"Act?" He quirked an eyebrow and tilted his head.

"Yeah, act. I've caught onto your little tricks." I crossed my arms across my chest.

I'm the one acting. I really wanna believe you aren't a bad guy.

"Oh, really? Enlighten me about these tricks you have caught onto," He requested with a smug look smeared over his annoyingly handsome face. His words entered my ear with mockery floating in them.

I puffed my chest up and tried to shoot him an intimidating look— though i'm not really sure if it was effective at all. "For starters, you're always hiding one thing or another," I scoffed.

"Oh is that right?"

"And you're constantly lying! All you do is make my life wors-"

"Oh, Aira! Jungkook!" a familiar voice from afar interrupted me in the middle of my burst.