fifteen: eyes on me

ayoooo double update 😎
the following gif of jungkook makes
me forget how to breathe but i
still continue to stare at it anyway

══════════════════

══════════════════

December 17
Aira's

The drive which was almost one hour long felt like it was only ten minutes long to my distaste. The car pulled into the crowded area full of Mercedes, Audis and other luxurious cars as I stared at other guests walking into the large banquet. Jimin handed the keys to the chauffeur and we headed inside, arms linked.

"Woah.. this place is insane.." I mumbled.

"Tell me about it. I feel like i'm not supposed to be here." Jimin snorted, having heard me.

I chuckled but internally, I was battling my reoccurring nerves. Every step closer I got to the banquet hall, the closer I was to facing Jungkook after our mistake of a kiss. I'd be lying if I said that this fact didn't chip off some of my confidence.

Jimin and I removed our winter coats and handed it to the lady at the front before facing each other with small smiles.

"Thank you for coming with me by the way," I thanked him.

"Thank you for bringing me, this place looks like they serve good food," he joked with a wide grin which made me laugh.

I took two deep breaths, attempting to calm my nerves and link arms with my date again. We walked through two large doors and into a massive ballroom with chandeliers hanging from the high ceilings. The decorated walls were white and beige with intricate designs of gold.

On one side of the ballroom, long arched windows side by side occupied the wall, showing a beautiful view of a garden that was coated by a blanket of snow. On the other end, two staircases led to a dark balcony like space  that wrapped around the inside. It was empty up there with most of the guests mingling on the main floor.

My eyes glistened at the sight. It was like a fairytale in real life.

This is a "get together"?

"This place is crazy fancy." Jimin muttered, in awe.

Before I could agree with him, a woman wearing a blue dress that hugged her curvy figure approached us with a surprised smile.

"Aira, you're here!" she exclaimed, reaching for my hands.

"Hi, it's so nice to see you again Yumi," I smiled as we held each other's hands.

I was introduced to Yumi years ago by my brother. She was a marketing director at a company that Yugn worked with in the past.  She was crazy good at what she did.