28║First Makeout

Czarina kept her eyes on Lulana, trying to see if she could get any form of reaction from her. But none came. Lulana was smart with hiding her emotions, as still as a rock. What that actually gave her away was the way her eyes seemed to twitch, her lashes fluttering. And this gave Czarina her answer.

"You do like me," she said, her brows raised. "Tell me I'm right or wrong."

Lulana didn't budge. This made Czarina cup her hands around her cheek. Lulana's breath hitched; she smiled warmly. That one miniscule action gave her all the answers she could ever ask for, but she still needed it straight from Lulana's mouth. She slowly turned her face towards hers. The Yumboe slowly let her eyes slide to the ground. Czarina allowed her eyes to slide across every inch of Lulana's face, taking in every bump and imperfections, and many more sweet little things that made her real.

"Do you like me?" Czarina asked as she pulled a stray braid behind Lulana's ear.

Lulana didn't say anything. She kept her eyes on the ground, her lips sewn into silence. Czarina kept on staring at her before she let her eyes land on Lulana's lips. Her face warmed up as she took in Lulana's beautiful full lips, her heart leaping in her chest. An idea popped into her head and she swallowed.

Here goes nothing. It should be worth a try.

Czarina furrowed her eyebrows and cupped her other hand around Lulana's other cheek. "I want to try something," she said in a voice that was very low, as deep as the sea, and as breathy as it could ever be. The texture of her voice drew a slow exhale out of Lulana, and Czarina caressed her cheek with a thumb, a show of gratitude.

Now the hardest part was actually saying the words. They were stuck at the back of her throat. All that was left was the confidence to say it. She swallowed again, her hands beginning to shake. Lulana's eyes were still downcast, lips pursed, not helping her case. But she summoned up all the courage she could muster and whispered, "I want... I-I... I... want to kiss you." Once more, the Yumboe's breath hitched. She swallowed and continued. "If you don't like me, push me away. If you like me, p-part your lips."

Czarina shivered as she heard Lulana's breath quietly stutter, the whispering wind carrying the sound away. Czarina counted from one to five in her head as she leaned her face closer to Lulana's. When their faces were close enough, she shut her eyes and gently placed her lips against Lulana's. Czarina felt like crying when after five seconds, Lulana didn't do anything. Tears were already stinging her eyes when she was about to pull away and... Lulana shyly parted her lips.

Joy erupted in her chest, warming it up. Czarina's eyes flew open. As her eyes were open, so were Lulana's. She was still trying to maintain an aloof look, but Czarina could notice a look in her eyes that said, "more!" In those same eyes, she could also find a form of submission, and Czarina's heart jumped for joy. She took it as an invitation and shut her eyes, ready to give her what she wanted.

Czarina inclined her head and deepened the kiss. She shivered as she began to properly kiss Lulana, the action making soft smacking sounds. Czarina nearly jumped out of her skin when she felt Lulana lightly press the tips of her fingers against her jawline, not completely touching her skin, simply letting it graze her. Her skin was cold to the touch but they held emotions that crawled under her skin.

When Czarina was almost out of air, she slowly pulled away with a smack, her lips still apart. Czarina bit the corner of her lips as she opened her eyes. She looked into silver eyes. They were still dull but a silent fire was burning in them, ignited by the kiss.

Czarina cleared her throat. She laughed faintly. "You... like... me?" she whispered breathily, her voice a soft tone.

Lulana stared into her eyes without saying anything. A small, almost inaudible noise, sounded at the back of her throat before she was parting her lips to say something. Unfortunately for her, she was interrupted by the sound of soft claps. The two of them jumped out of their skin and looked towards the sound. It was Maimouna, and they froze in shock.