04║First Tears

"Pick it up," Czarina said, motioning to the broken plate that was by her feet. Lulana was about to leave to get a broom and dustpan but she said, "do it with the same hands that you couldn't even use to hold it."

Lulana sighed lightly and bent. As she was picking up pieces of the broken plate that were in the midst of hot pudding, Czarina stood, deliberately stepping on her fingers. The servant stopped and looked up with blank eyes.

"What?" Czarina said and scoffed. She rolled her eyes and moved to the stairs. "Anyway, I want another pudding. Bring it to my room in the next minute. I'll be waiting," she said, tapping quickly on her phone. A smirk broke onto her face when she heard Lulana quietly say something. She looked over a shoulder, her hair flying everywhere. "Did you say something?"

"Yes." Lulana looked into her eyes and stood. "I said that I will bring it as soon as possible."

Czarina hummed and walked away, the heels of her boot sounding loudly. She didn't go back to her bedroom; she went straight to the garage, a wide smirk on her face. When she stepped into the garage, she called Mauvine. The girl picked up after the third ring.

"Guess what?" she said, moving to one of the many cars that were in the garage.

"What?" Mauvine said in ragged voice.

"It's working," she said passionately.

A few seconds passed before Mauvine quietly said, "oh. Good for you."

Her reply didn't satisfy Czarina and she sighed as she rolled her eyes. "Why are you sounding like you're not happy with me?"

She heard a yawn from the other side before Mauvine said, "I'm coming home and my body is still accustomed to the time over there."

Czarina scoffed. "Then sleep."

"That's what I was doing before you called me," Mauvine grumbled.

Czarina rolled her eyes. "Whatever. Call me when you get back. Convey the message to Farina."

"Mmm. Yeah. Bye."

Czarina cut the call and moved closer to the car. She placed her phone in her pocket and took out a key. She got into the car and dug the key in the ignition. She started the car and drove the car out of it's parking spot. Czarina drove to the garage's exit and picked up the remote that was in the cup holder and pressed a button. A light buzz sounded and the garage's door slid up. Czarina tossed the remote to the passenger's seat and drove out of the garage once the door was fully open. She used the remote to shut the garage then drove down the paved road.

The sky was cloudless and blue, the sun high up and it's shine mild as Czarina moved to the mansion's gate. When she got there, the doors were opened by the gatemen and she increased the speed of the car and zoomed out of the building. With expertise, Czarina drove through the straight path, the trees that lined it whooshing past her.

"Going for a ride won't hurt anybody," she said, driving into the main road.

Cars honked at her as she swiftly drove the car through the mildly slow traffic. Minutes later, Czarina drove into a wide road that had a few cars driving on it. She slowed down the car when the road began to slope. At the top of the sloped road was an open field. From her position, she could see the outline of the huge tracks that were in the open field. Her heart swelled at the sight of it and she increased the speed of the car. Some bikers were by the field's entrance with their parked motorbikes—chatting amongst themselves—and they payed her no attention as she zoomed past them, driving to the beginning of the track.

She slowed down to a stop just before the starting line. In her mind, Czarina counted from one to three, keeping her eyes on the track, as if she were truly in a racing game. Once she counted three, she pressed her feet into the accelerator pad, revving the engine. Czarina held onto the wheel, pushed the gear lever forward, and zoomed forward with great speed.