24║First Win

"She didn't come again?" Czarina said with a moon-eyed expression when the servant she had told to call Lulana came back alone for the fifth time. She placed her hands on her waist. "But I thought I told you to come back with her even if you had to drag her here?"

The servant shook his bowed head. "I-I tried Miss. I even had t-to lie that it was Ma'am that was calling her," he said, mumbling the second sentence.

"And what did she do?" she asked, raising a brow.

He shook his head. "Nothing. She simply... c-continued with her duties."

"So what if I'm dying and I need her what will she do then?"

"I... d-don't know Miss."

"Shit." Czarina sighed and rubbed her eyes with the heels of her palms. "Where is she right now?"

"In the library on the ground floor arranging the books."

"Take me to her."

"Yes Miss."

"Stay here Bruvver I'll be right back," she said to her dog the instant he sat up to follow her. He sat down right back and stared at her as she left.

Czarina was led to the library by the servant who had his shoulders raised, nearly falling twice if not for Czarina who held him by his elbow to avoid that. This only made him bow multiple times, muttering several words of apology. But the redhead only waved off his words, urging him to take him to Lulana. The two of them got to the ground floor, and when they got closer to the library, Czarina's heart began to beat in a fast but steady pace.

"This is it Miss," the servant said, pointing at the doors that were slightly open.

"Okay. Thank you. You can leave." She raised a brow when the servant stiffened as a result of the words she said, his mouth agape, and his eyes slightly wide in surprise. But Czarina only rolled her eyes and marched to the double doors. She threw them open and shrieked, "Lulana!" She spotted the servant at the end of the library. Lulana was dusting books and didn't even flinch at the mention of her name. Czarina growled and walked towards her with thundering footsteps. "Lulana what is wrong with you?! I had called for you several times yet you dared to not answer my call?!"

She stood behind her, gripped her shoulder, and turned her around. She was met with a face that showed little to no concern, her eyes glazed over. Czarina gnashed her teeth, dropping her hands. This close to Lulana, she could perceive a flowery scent on her but she simply pushed it to the farthest part of her mind. It was not a time for her to be horny.

She swallowed. "This is three weeks now that you've been avoiding me. What the hell did I do?"

Still, the Yumboe didn't say a word. She merely turned back around and returned her attention to the books she was cleaning. This made a low growl to rumble at the back of Czarina's throat, causing her to bellow, "LULANA FUCKING ANSWER ME!"

"Who the fuck is yelling like the bitch that they are?!" Czarina heard Vladimir shriek.

She groaned lowly. "Fuck," she hissed under her breath.

Czarina gritted her teeth and turned around to see Vladimir hold the doors open. He was lazily drinking from a water bottle, his naked torso covered in sweat, a shirt thrown over a shoulder.

If I stay here, he's going to make things worse, she thought as Vladimir dropped his hand and narrowed his eyes, giving her a foxy smirk.  She clenched her hands and marched back to the entrance. Do not engage. Do not engage.

"Oh? So the bitch is you?" he snickered as she walked past him, making her roll her eyes. He tried to stop her by holding her arm but she rushed out of his range. He grunted lightly with an eyeroll. "Oh wait you bitch, I want to tell you something." She didn't listen and continued walking away. "You sure you don't want to wait and listen?" She didn't stop and then he muttered, "even if I have your own letter?"