23║First Outburst

After Qlaus had dragged Reine out of the ballroom, the guests became restless, leaving in hordes. Even the aristocrats and their family also joined the guests in leaving the ballroom. Czarina was looking at her thumbs which she was twiddling when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She jerked and looked up; the person was Farina, Mauvine standing beside her.

"Czarina please come. We need to leave," Farina said as she held her elbow, gently tugging at it. "Get up. We'll take you home."

Czarina did as told and stood. Everything was a blur as she was guided out of the ballroom and into a car.

"Farina!"

"Shoot," Farina said as she popped her head out of the limousine.

"Come on. Get out of that car and let's leave," Czarina heard a man with an aged voice say.

"Uh... I won't take too long Dad. I'll just follow her to her house to make sure that—"

"Farina! Come with me this instance!"

Farina started. Then she gazed at Czarina, moving her gaze to Mauvine as she asked, "can you handle taking her home by yourself?"

"I can," Mauvine said, gently pushing her to leave when Farina's father's complaints became louder.

"Okay." Czarina felt as Farina hurriedly hugged her and pecked the crown of her head. "We'll talk later. Make sure that when you get home, you get some rest." She wasted no more second and slid out of the limousine, shutting the door behind her.

"Um... Miss?" Czarina raised her head and stared at the driver who was peering at her through the rear-view mirror. "What... about your brothers?"

"I'd already seen the twins leave with Vladimir," Mauvine answered.

He turned around to stare at Mauvine. "But... I need to confirm that with—"

"Your bosses are not in the right mood right now. I suggest that if we get home and you don't see them, you can come back and get them."

"But—"

"Sir please just do it," Mauvine said firmly, giving him a pleading look, her brows furrowed.  "Czarina's not in the right condition right now. It'll be unwise for her to be in the presence of people who are likely to upset her."

The driver was still reluctant and shifted in his seat. "But if we get home and the Young Masters aren't at home, Ma'am will fire me."

Mauvine groaned. "Please just do this one thing, it won't make you lose your job. You were there when that thing had happened, so at least try to preserve her little sanity by taking her home."

The driver stayed quiet before he sighed and faced his front. Once he turned on the car, Czarina slouched, keeping her gaze on her laps. As the car began to move, she blinked once and her vision was blurred by her tears, the very tears which she had been holding back for so long. Czarina tried to hold in her cry by biting her lip but a whimper escaped, alerting Mauvine of her breakdown. She dropped her head into the crook of Mauvine's neck as her friend embraced her and began to whisper calming words to her.

Throughout the whole ride, nothing was said. It was only the sound of Mauvine's whispering, Czarina's whimpers, and the sound of the humming car that filled the limousine. With the help of Mauvine, she was able to at least quell a little bit of her sobs. When the car was driven into the compound and parked, Mauvine tapped Czarina so they could leave. Czarina weakly raised her head and blinked away the itchy, dry feeling in her eyes.

The driver got out of the car and pulled the door open for her. She sluggishly got out, staggering a bit. Mauvine and the driver held her so that she could stand erect.