26║First Love

"Happy birthday Aidenn!" everyone shouted. They clapped as Aidenn blew at the lit candles that were perched on the cake that was in front of him.

Aidenn rubbed a finger under an eye, a shy smile on his face. "Thank you, all of you," he said, shyly keeping his gaze on his cake.

Roy pouted, scrunching his eyebrows. He was standing behind Aidenn, his arms wrapped around his shoulders. Despite Aidenn sitting down, his head was still reaching Leroy's shoulders so his husband didn't have to bend too much when he spoke to him. "Heeey. What about my own special thank you? I did more than one thing for you this morning, so I deserve a special thank you, especially for the special treatment that I'd given you this morning." Aidenn stiffened. Roy smirked as he added, "you know... the wake-up—"

Aidenn coughed into a fist and mumbled, "thank you for... the cake and the... other... stuff."

A few of the people around the huge dining table laughed before they all sat down. As for Ferdinand, he made a vomiting gesture, his face squeezed up. They began to dig into their food, some still keeping their eyes on Aidenn as he got special greetings from his nuclear family.

Jae stood and walked to her father. "Happy birthday Dad," she chimed, hugging his shoulders.

"Thank you Darling," he said, patting her hand. Jae let go and walked back to her seat.

Harlem also hugged his father, standing on the tips of his toes so that he could wrap his arms around Aidenn's neck. Aidenn leaned down so that Harlem could do that without stressing himself. "Happy birthday Daddy," he said to his father, pecking his cheek.

"Thanks Love," Aidenn said, returning the kiss. Harlem smiled brightly before he returned to his seat.

Aidenn exhaled softly, fiddling with Chevy's napkin. She was sat in his laps, babbling as she stared at the cake that was in front of her face. Her father smiled softly at her, but jolted slightly as Roy kissed his earlobe. Aidenn dropped his gaze, his face reddening a little. This made Roy snicker quietly.

"Happy birthday my very, very, very handsome husband," he said, playfully nuzzling his neck, moving his shoulders from side to side. "I wish you many more years to come."

"Thanks," Aidenn said with a small smile. Roy gave him a beautiful smile before he kissed his lips, cheek, and then his neck. Aidenn was a blushing mess when Roy finally let go of him. He returned to his seat that was beside Aidenn's.

Czarina couldn't keep her eyes off of them, finding them more interesting than her long forgotten food. Roy was smiling brightly as he pushed the small cake aside and started dishing food into Aidenn's plate. She smiled at them as Aidenn tried to pick up his spoon but Roy beat him to it, winking at him. She placed a hand over her mouth, snorting as Roy raised a spoonful of food and placed it in front of Aidenn's flustered face. Aidenn tried to move his face away but Roy held his chin and said, "ahh".

It was obvious that it wasn't only Czarina who found their actions funny because a few of the adults and older children had started chuckling. Aidenn pouted before he parted his lips and let Roy put the spoon in his mouth. In that split second, they locked eyes, silently communicating with their eyes that were heavy with love. The couple seemed to be lost in each other's gaze, staring so intently at each other that they didn't notice when Chevy began stretching her hands towards the cake. It was when she babbled, "Nyo!" that her fathers started, dropping their gazes on her.

"What is it baby?"Aidenn asked in a soft voice, Chevy's babbling attracting eyes.

Chevy pointed at the cake. She raised her head to look up at her father, a big pout on her face.