Prologue║Before

Nothing in the entire universe could describe the way Czarina felt as she stared at the result for her examinations. Passing her fingers through her curly russet-coloured hair, she groaned in irritation, leaning back in the chair she was sat in. She raised her eyes and looked over the paper, staring into the eyes of the principal—he was sitting quietly, observing her with dull eyes through his glasses.

Czarina lifted a brow, smirked and cocked her head. She held out the paper to the principal. "Read it," she said curtly.

The principal raised a brow and folded his hands atop the table. "Excuse me Miss Rose-Velt, but I've already done that already. Five times actually."

Czarina rolled her eyes, inaudibly mimicking him. She threw the paper at him, her head still cocked, sassily poking out her lips. "I know that and I can see that. Now, why don't you do as told or I'm going to tell my father that you are disobeying his daughter. Hmm?"

The aged principal sighed and picked up the paper. He heaved a small sigh. "For the sixth time, I read. You had an F in English, Social Studies, Economics..."

As the principal called out her grades, Czarina's bold expression gently crumbled, her beautifully pencilled eyebrows falling. When the principal mumbled the last few words, he dropped his hands and cleared his throat.

"Should I read it again?" he asked.

Czarina hurriedly blinked away the stray tears that were in her eyes. She picked up her stronghold and brave demeanour again and scoffed. "Of course... not." She plucked the result out of his hand and crumpled it into a ball. Throwing it into her bag, she stood, and so did the principal. "I... will be leaving now. My driver is waiting for me."

Czarina turned around and moved to the door. As she was about to open the door, the principal said, "have a nice summer Miss Rose-Velt." Czarina gave him a reply by banging the door shut.

As Czarina walked through the air-conditioned hallway, students made way for her. Some students greeted her with plastic smiles, while some commented on her attire with dim glows in their eyes. All in all, when she moved past them, they mocked her behind her back. But despite that, Czarina replied to every single comment and greetings with her own smile, tight-lipped and forced.

To her schoomates, she was a spoilt brat who deserved nothing but pity, seeing as she couldn't even pass a simple test or exam everytime she wrote one, despite the huge amount of money her father paid just for her to be awarded "good" grades. But to Czarina, she was a simple human being in a world of black and white and she was in the grey area, the part where different people lurked, ununderstood and misjudged.

Author's Note: welcome to my new story!! ∩_∩ I hope you'll enjoy it. And please remember to vote and leave your thoughts about the story in the comments section.