14║First Exposition

Start from the beginning

Reine's whole being visibly relaxed, her shoulders sagging; but her face was still squeezed up in anger. She huffed and turned around.

"Mum Czarina's a lesbian," Vladimir said all of a sudden and all eyes were on him. Czarina froze, her heart leaping to her throat. He winked at Czarina and walked casually to the door. On his way there, his mother gripped the sleeve of his shirt and held him back.

"What did you just say?" she said a quiet, cold voice.

"I said that Czarina's a lesbian. You can ask her." He tugged his hand out of her hold and walked out, leaving Czarina to defend herself.

And that she did try to do, getting up as her mother turned around and approached her. She held up her hands, her face as white as a sheet of paper. "Mum I can exp—" Her head whipped to the side as her mother slapped her.

Reine gripped the front of her top and madly shook her. "You useless child! What wrong had I ever done to get you as a child?!"

"REINE!" Qlaus and Roy shouted.

Qlaus leaped onto his feet and rushed to them. Before he could reach them, Reine was already pulling Czarina out of the dinning room.

"You're a sick, sick child," Reine shouted as she dragged Czarina up the stairs. "You are a package of all sorts of disgrace!"

Czarina struggled to keep up and she was tripping on her legs, her vision blurred by tears. She couldn't see anything as her mother dragged her to her room and threw her into it after she unlocked it with the key she had yanked out of Czarina's pocket. Czarina stumbled and fell against a table. She caught herself by digging her palms into the edge of the table. As she was trying to steady her trembling form, she heard her mother slam the door shut and lock it from the outside.

Her tears became worse as she slid onto the floor, softly crying into her palms. As Czarina cried, she caught the sound of her parents fighting on the other side of the door. Her dog came to her and whined. She hugged him to herself and cried into his fur until there was no tears left to cry. Some time later, her father finally fought the keycard out of her mother's hands and used it to unlock the door. He instantly rushed to his daughter and comforted her with the biggest, most caring hug he could ever give. There were no words to say as he rocked his daughter for side to side, trying to calm her down.

━━━━━━━

Czarina spent the next few days in her room, alone with her dog. No servant had come into her room after what Maimouna had said that day. The closest they ever came to her was when they left meals for her in front of her bedroom door. A few days passed and word must have gone out because when her friends video called, the first thing they told her was that they knew about everything that had occurred that day.

Czarina scoffed weakly and rubbed her heavy eyes. "You can thank my brother for relieving me of the stress of coming out."

Mauvine gasped. "How did he know?"

"Lesson of the decade, never keep diaries if you have nosy siblings because one will surely have access to your diary one way or another."

Farina folded her arms and leaned back in her chair. "That brother of yours is something." She rolled her eyes. "Imagine doing something like that, especially in that manner. That guy is stupid."

"But why had he done it? Surely he must have had an ulterior motive for doing that."

"He had threatened me." She sighed as she pressed the heels of her palms into her eyes. "He never wanted me to participate in the race because he's afraid."

"Afraid of what?" Farina scoffed. "If I ever get my hands on your brother he's going to hear something." Czarina hummed idly and looked to the side. Farina suspired and said, "maybe we shouldn't have called. We should leave you to rest."

"Yeah. Bye Czarina." Mauvine waved at her before she cut the connection.

Czarina turned her face to the side as she shut the laptop. She moved onto her back and shut her eyes. With her eyes closed, she heard as someone opened her door and stepped into the room. She was excepting to hear her father's voice but started at the sound of the familiar gruff voice that didn't belong to her father as her dog yipped happily at the person.

"Hush now Bruvver. Don't wanna wake Czarina," the person whispered.

Czarina rubbed her eyes as she slowly sat up and stared at the person that was at the door. It was a tall man that had a huge build. His long auburn hair was in a loose low bun. Her eyes widened just a fraction at the sight of him. "Uncle Dumbledore?"

Dumbledore grinned at Czarina. "Czarina!" He left the door open as he rushed to her, his boots making heavy sounds. He wrapped one of his beefy arms around her and hugged her. Czarina awkwardly leaned into him and frowned as she perceived a trace of alcohol on his breath when he spoke. "Look at you. You look so big right now." He held her at arm's length and wanted to hold her chin but she turned her face to side, her lips pressed together as she frowned lightly. Dumbledore sighed and dropped his hand. He shoved them into his pockets. "Okay. What's the problem? Once upon a time I was your favourite uncle and now I feel like you can't stand my presence."

Czarina folded her arms. "It's nothing. I just..." She sighed and looked up at him. "Look. It's not you it's me. I just don't..." She sighed. "It's nothing."

Dumbledore sighed. "Is it because I left?"

"I said it's nothing," she hissed loudly. "Look, I'm trying to sleep, so could you—"

"I know all that's been happening to you Czarina," he sighed quietly. "So I understand you—"

Czarina stiffened. "Mind. Your. Fucking. Business," she hissed, cutting him off.

Dumbledore heaved a weak sigh. "I want to help. I came back to Mairborough for the first time in several years just for you. I want to cheer you on as you win. I want to be your number one supporter." He stayed quiet for a while, expecting her to say something, but she didn't, rolling her eyes at his words. He sighed and stepped away softly. "I'll be around whenever you need me."

Czarina raised her head and watched him leave. She was about to sigh in relief but held it when she heard her mother's angry voice.

"Who entered here without my—oh... you," Reine said as she walked into the room. "It's been a long time Dorey."

"Reine. Nice to see you too," Dumbledore said in a tight, tired voice, like her presence weakend him.

A fake smiled instantly appeared on her face. "So the prodigal son has finally returned." She held her hands together. "Came to get some money?"

"Shut your hellhole Reine because if I hadn't given up wealth for adventure then your husband wouldn't be the Mr. Rose-Velt," Dumbledore said in a tired tone.

"And is it my fault that you gave up on being the heir?" She waved her hand. "That's the past. Besides, he's doing better than you could have ever been and—"

"Reine, shut up. Let's leave. I think Czarina wants to sleep."

Her fake smile dropped and she gave her daughter a cold sidelong glance. She hummed and said, "what has this... child got to rest about? The only thing she needs to do now is—"

"Stay away from you. Your presence is toxic for her."

Reine frowned at him. "How dare you—?"

"Get out." He forcefully gripped her wrist and tugged her out of the room. Before he shut the door, Czarina raised her head; he smiled and winked at Czarina.

Czarina exhaled and dropped her head. "When will I ever be free from the wrath of the very woman that birthed me?" she whispered to herself as she drifted off.