Blind

Beatrice's POV;

Alex and I walk back to the destroyed remains of the village, both of us staring at the ground.

I feel confused. I feel angry. I feel so hurt, and tired, and lost, I just don't want to have to deal with anything anymore.

But I know I have no choice.

I am sick of this. Of all of this. I want to scream. I want to cry. I know Alex feels the same, yet we both know neither is an option. So we walk in silence instead.

Eventually, as we walk up to the dirt shelter where Zac is staying in, I notice the people gathered around.

No one knows what to do. Everything is gone, and right now, there is nothing we can do about it.

The only three pets in the entire village, survived the fire.

As far as I know, all humans are living too.

But honestly, the way everyone is acting now, you can hardly call it living. Its merely existing. No one has a purpose; we are all just standing around, confused, and scared.

What next?

If I imagined what would happen if the village caught on fire, before it actually happened, I would of not imagined this. No one could know what this feels like.

It's a terrible feeling. It leaves you empty, and terrified. It leaves a permanent scar.

And I can tell all that just from looking at the people around me. Some are crying. Most are just sitting down, alone, looking solemnly at the ground. A few are staring at me.

And one girl, starts to walk towards me.

With a start, I realise that the girl is the one who called out for her cat. The cat who Zac went into the building for. The building that exploded. The explosion the permanently blinded Zac.

Suddenly I want to walk away, and get as far away from her as I can.

"Umm... Hi" Her voice is light and airy, and filled with reassurance.

"Hello" I don't bother to be polite.

"Umm.... I am really sorry about what happened to Zac.."

That was the final straw.

"Oh yeah?! Maybe you should have thought about that before you got him blind! He won't be able to see! Never!" I snap at her.

She takes a step back, astounded.

"I didn't get him blind, Okay?! I didn't tell him to go in there! It was his choice! His alone! Something you have to learn, Beatrice!" She sounded more sad then anything else.

"How do you know my name?! I thought all you villagers just stared and pointed at me like I was a freak show! Well you know what? I don't like it!" I go to turn away.

"You're not a freak" She said it so quietly I had to strain to hear her.

"Then why do you stare?!" I know I am being extremely rude and cutting, but I am to upset to really care.

She opened her mouth, seemed to think better of it, then closed it again.

"Why? Why did you come to talk to me anyways?" I say, feeling it was better to change the subject. I was being so mean to her, and I didn't even give her a chance.

"Because I want to help you" She sounded determined.

And I could tell by the look in her eyes, she was.

"What?"

"I want to help you. Help you destroy Herobrine."

"How did you kn-" I whisper in amazement. She cut me off.

"Look, I want Herobrine gone. He ruined my family. And I not alone"

"How did you know we were hunting Herobrine?" I was whispering.

She took a deep breath.

"Um.. we should go somewhere else... More, ah...." she looked around us at the villagers. "...private."

"Agreed. Follow me." I grab her hand, and lead her away from the ruins of the village. We walk for about a minute, before I stop, and point to the tree next to us.

"After you..." I smile, beckoning for her to climb.

Once we were both comfortably seated in between the branches, I faced her, and looked into her eyes.

"How do you know about Herobrine and stuff? What did he do to you?"

"My sister and I, well... what can I say. We always fought. She was always trying to get the better if me, and trick me into doing everything for her. It made me furious, the way she thought she was better than everyone else. She thought she was smarter, and good at everything. She only did things because she it would make her look good; never because she enjoyed them. She was always trying to rise above me, her own sister. And that's when it happened."

"What happened?" I was entranced by her story, even though it had just started.

"She was made an EnderChild"

I gasped.

"But it was weird. I'd read all about the legends, an how EnderChildren forget who they were and start a new life. But My sister didn't forget us. She was exactly the same, except she was an EnderChild"

"What? How is that possible?" I interrupt.

"I don't know"

"Wait, I forgot to ask. What is your name?"

"My name is Dawn" She said patiently.

"Anyway, she was overjoyed about her powers. I was worried sick; it was just another thing she would gloat about, and another thing that would twist her brain into thinking she could defeat anything. I was wrong. She changed for the better, and became wiser in the world. She accepted her destiny, and was ready to fight Herobrine."

I shook my head, confused. What was the point of Dawn telling me this?

"And that's when he came" Dawns voice was barely a whisper now, and I could see her eyes were distant, as If she was seeing something.

"He realised that my sister was different. He realised that She couldn't be controlled as easily.
So he killed her. She didn't stand a chance" A single tear rolled down Dawns cheek.

"Oh, I am so sorry" I said quietly, and I meant it.

"And that's why I want to help. He destroyed her, now we destroy him." She sounded angry now, and determined.

And I was too.
--------------------------

MORE CHAPTERS COMING SOON!

Please, if you are reading this book, vote or leave a comment!! I can answer all questions and I would love to hear names of characters you want to see in the book!

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT! I know I already said that, but hey, who cares!

~Dragonlover921 over and out