This isn't your fight

Alex's POV;

I open my eyes with a snap.

Pain sings in every part of my body. My chest aches, and my hair is singed to a crisp.

Ow.

Then suddenly I remember. I remember the fire. I remember rushing to get my family awake and out, and then going back in to get our dog.

I remember guiding my dog out the window, and seeing it run towards the rest of my family.

And I remember falling to the ground, fire all around me, and struggling to breath.

And I can't remember anything else.

Wincing, I push myself up. Everything hurts like nether.

"Beatrice?' I slowly say, as I spot a silhouette with their back to me.

She turns around, eyes suddenly alight and wild.

"You're awake!" She cried. She flung herself towards me, arms open wide.

"Ooph" I grunt, as she rams into me. "Beatrice!"

"What?!"

"Beatrice I can't breath!"

"Oh, sorry" She shyly pulls back, blushing.

"Where is Zac?"

Her smile fades, and she points to the far corner of the room. It's only then I realise that the room is made of dirt. It's about 5x7 blocks, and two blocks high. Beatrice must of just put this together in a few minutes.

Aching, I limp over to where Zac is lying down on the ground, not moving.

"Is he..." I had a lump in my throat.

"No, he is alive. But something's wrong" Beatrice said sadly. I wonder how she could tell.

"What?"

"I don't know."

I gulp. What if its something serious?

"Do you know what started the fire?" I ask, as we stare at Zac.

Was it just me, or did she not meet my eyes...

"Umm... You should Probably kno-" She cuts off.

"What? I should probably know what?"

"Look" she says, pointing at Zac.

"Uggghghgh" He groans.

"Zac!! Zac you're awake!!" Beatrice bursts into tears and drops to the floor to hug him.

"Beatrice..." Zac sounded scared. "Beatrice... why can't I see you"

I shake my head, smiling.

"We are right here you dork!" I wave my hand in front of his face, which is facing the wall.

"Where are you!!" Zac sounded panicked now.

"Turn your head around!! We are right here!" Beatrice cried, her voice faltering.

Zac turned his head, and faced just left of me and right of Beatrice.

His eyes were blank, not focused.

"Zac...?" I wave my hand in front of his face again. He doesn't react.

"Alex? Alex! Alex I can't see you!! Alex where are you!!" He was wildly looking around, his eyes passing right over me and Beatrice several times.

"Zac! Zac I'm right here!" I touch his shoulder.

"Alex...." Beatrice says quietly. "Alex... I think- I think he's blind."